- Location: Coppell, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38390
Local client is seeking a Senior Android Developer who is passionate about building great Android apps and enjoys taking on new challenges. The Senior Android Developer will be responsible for collaborating with a team of mobile app developers and end-to-end development of native Android apps for our online test delivery platform.
- Design and develop features for our Android application(s) that target our key customer segments.
- Collaborate with the team lead in setting up application architecture to improve scalability, performance, and usability.
- Learn from user feedback and market research to provide cutting-edge features to users.
- Design and develop app-based analytics that may guide future UI improvements, business strategy, or subject matter changes.
- Collaborate with other software developers, product designers, and UX designers in building application prototypes and proofs-of-concepts.
- Work with QA engineers to ensure quality and reliability of all apps by process of continuous improvement.
- Continuously review other platform-specific features so all apps provide a consistent user experience.
- Conduct code reviews with the team to ensure the team is employing best programming practices and meeting standards for code documentation.
- Function as a subject matter expert for all things – coding, tools usage, processes, and procedures to help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in mobile applications development
- 2+ years of experience in Android app development using Java or Kotlin.
- Experience in launching and supporting several commercially deployed applications.
- Experience with third-party tools integrations using APIs and REST services
- Experience in Mobile Application Development Frameworks, Design Guidelines, design patterns and cross-platform tools
- Exposure towards creating custom UI controls.
- Experience in developing multimedia-based applications or ed-tech applications (preferred not a must)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to articulate ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills and ability to understand direction and feedback.
- Ability to adapt, switch gears, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional follow-through, personal drive, and the desire to make a difference.
About The InSource Group: When you are looking for a new career opportunity, you need an advocate with strong connections within the best companies. The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists like you, to some of the nation's most prominent companies, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500. The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. We will assist you with your resume and interviewing techniques as well as provide you background information on the companies and people you choose to interview with. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set, culture preference and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.