- Location: Chicago
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37832
Large financial company is looking for a Associate Principal, Data Platform Technologies. This is a direct hire position.
What you will do:
The incumbent will be responsible for designing and delivering scalable and resilient hybrid and Cloud-based applications and data solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; helping to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions.
You will be part of the Data team, a diverse group of dedicated engineers who are very passionate about data. As the Data team member, you will be responsible for crafting and building cloud-based applications and data systems that will serve as the backbone for the enterprise data management and analytics capabilities.
You will join the core team responsible for the design, development, and implementation.
You will work closely with internal and external business and technology partners. We will define system architecture, technology stack and its tactical implementation.
You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and managing streaming data in public cloud and hybrid environments, build large and complex data pipelines, integrate data coming from diverse sources in different formats, implement continuous integration /continuous delivery pipelines, automate everything we can get our hands on, and be part of the API-first design principle implementation.
You will have a rare and challenging opportunity to apply your technical skills, knowledge and experience, acquire new skills and grow with us.
• 7+ years of technical experience building data-centric solutions, preferably within regulated industries
• 5+ years of hands-on development experience with Java:
o JDK 8.0 and above
o JSON object format
o Spring Boot framework (API development)
o Familiarity with Open API 3.0
o Spring JDBC
o Java Docker container build and debug
• Advanced SQL coding
• Knowledge and understanding of DevOps tools and technologies such as Terraform, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Harness, Nexus/Artifactory, and CI/CD pipelines
• Experience working with AWS Cloud ecosystem
• Familiarity with stream processing technologies and frameworks such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, is a plus
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle in Waterfall, Lean, and Agile environments
• Work experience in capital markets, preferred
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
• AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate Level is a plus
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!