- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26898
International organization looking for experienced AWS CyberSecurity Engineer to work within the digital transformation efforts within the multiple organizations that make up this enterprise of companies.
The Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for performing daily SOC operational tasks such as:
reviewing daily security alerts and reports
assisting with remediation activities
This is a critical front line cyber security role responsible for protecting the organizations assets, networks, and systems.
Cyber professional will perform technical security assessments of current and new systems, monitor for emerging vulnerabilities, create tooling for known gaps, and deploy security/monitoring systems.
This individual plays a key role is designing, implementing, optimizing, and supporting cyber security applications, networks or infrastructure both on-prem and cloud.
Cyber professional will be responsible for the planning, design, testing, implementation, or sustainment of security-related system, such as, a vulnerability assessment, endpoint detection and response (EDR) systems, perimeter defense, cloud access security broker (CASB), intrusion detection and prevention system (IDS / IPS), network monitoring, proxy and data loss prevention (DLP).
Ongoing responsibilities will include collaborating with developers to ensure security of the cloud platform and applications.
Projects will involve designing, developing and troubleshooting improvements to the security tools, cloud applications and environments.
Participates in afterhours 24×7 on call rotation
Breakdown of time:
30% -Ensure infrastructure and application security practices consistently adhere to stringent compliance requirements and governance processes. Develop and run security reports and logs, and analyze the findings to determine strategies that will strengthen organization's security efforts.
30% – Performs configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure, network, database, and security solutions. Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met. Design, configure, deploy, and maintain threat detection and protection systems for organization's on-premise as well as Cloud infrastructure.
20% – Research and learn current security trends, risks, issues and new software technology to improve organization’s environment. Improve existing procedures for monitoring and managing firewalls. Monitor and resolve malware, phishing, and spam incidents
20% – Implement security improvements based on testing and current trends and provide weekly/monthly Security Operations Center (SOC) updates to management team.
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree in CyberSecurity related field desired OR Computer Science degree with
- 5-8 years of Information Security work experience
- 3+ years of prior experience as a cyber security engineer working within a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Expertise with designing, implementing and maintaining intrusion detection systems (IDS), Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), file integrity monitoring software, performance/availability monitoring systems, vulnerability assessment software, and security event incident monitoring systems (SIEM).
- Experience with maintaining awareness of trends and issues in area of technical expertise; evaluate new technologies or technology opportunities and provide analysis of their potential impact to the critical system
- Demonstrated experience performing computer & digital forensics
- Experience in cloud security and protection technologies
- Experience with endpoint protection solutions and advanced email threat protection
- Experience with Windows Active Directory security
- Endpoint remediation/ forensic investigation experience
- Experience with Web Application Firewall management
- Experience with analyzing log data through analytic tools
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated understanding of Security Fundamentals, General IT knowledge, Network Systems, Firewalls, IDS/IPS Systems, Windows & Linux Systems Administration, Windows/Linux and MAC operating systems, Desktop Engineering, Cloud Technologies, Databases, and Software Development
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Perl, or Python
- Experience with vulnerability analysis using cyber security tools (e.g., CyberArk, ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, SCC, eMass, STIG Viewer)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Responsible for implementation and application of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, infrastructure, programs, and data from malicious attack, damage, or unauthorized access
- Identify, analyze, and report potential or realized threat events; research remediations and present recommendations and assist team members in developing mitigation strategies
- Analyze vulnerability scan reports, security threats, and possible implications
- Assess deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy; assess the level of risk; and recommend appropriate mitigation counter measures
- Test, implement, maintain, and administer hardware and software required to effectively secure the IT systems
- Monitor systems for unauthorized activities
- Document and track plans of action and milestones
- Assist with incident response activities
- Review Information Assurance Vulnerability Management alerts and work with teams to remediate identified issues
- Inspect systems for vulnerabilities using manual and automated means
- Communicate security regulations, policies, and requirements to ensure compliance
Preferred Certifications in one or more:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Cloud Security Engineer (AWS/Azure)
The InSource Group:
When you are looking for a new career opportunity, you need an advocate with strong connections within the best companies. The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists like you, to some of the nation's most prominent companies, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500.
The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. We will assist you with your resume and interviewing techniques as well as provide you background information on the companies and people you choose to interview with.
Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set, culture preference and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.