- Location: Plano, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #26728
• General Architecture Skill Sets
• Understand business requirements/intent and come up with new solutions and strategies using new or standard set of technologies and architectural patterns.
• Partner with other technology teams and end users to conceptualize new application projects, recommend technologies and implementation strategies.
• Architect/design for requirements of the project within financial and timeline guidelines.
• Establish, develop, and promote standard architecture, frameworks and guidelines.
• Author and/or Review architecture/design and other technical documents ensuring high quality deliverables and systems development across tech stacks and applications teams.
• Solution Architect must be able to communicate the reasoning/logic for any technology/architecture choices being made and must be able to objectively compare different options before deciding upon a solution.
• Solution Architect must have the ability to negotiate with and influence the project team to use appropriate technologies/architectures even if the project team is favoring a different option.
• Solution Architect must have the ability to mentor and technically-guide development teams in proper software design techniques including design patterns as well as guide the teams to best leverage various technologies.
• Solution Architect must have the ability to anticipate and proactively plan technology roadmaps
• Review code and technical approaches for problem solving to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met in an effective and high-quality manner.
• Provide guidance and mentor technical teams across multiple architecture styles and technologies to ensure high quality design/implementation, re-use of enterprise/common patterns, improve code quality and testability/maintainability.
• Hands-on development creating proof of concepts and maintaining small development projects.
• Help ensure high quality software delivery by providing guidance on testing strategy, technical consultation to plan/design performance testing, and providing feedback/guidance for tuning performance and other non-functional elements of the application.
• Effective verbal/written communications that includes a range of from C level executives down to developers.
• Microsoft Office tools including Visio, Confluence/JIRA and other software development/technical tools.
• Experience in solutioning with privacy and security considerations in mind.
• Solution Architect should have recent hands-on skills of the Technical Lead and/or Developer that includes items detailed below.
• Hands-on architecture/design for web sites that are highly scalable and built in enterprise environments.
• Hands on AWS Cloud Architecture experience including migration of on-premise legacy applications to AWS.
• AWS Architecture certification
• Experience in 12-factor design, secure-software-design/defense-in-depth, full SDLC involvement in Agile/Scrum based software development and release cycles.
• Architecture and design experience using container technologies including Kubernetes as well as non-Kubernetes based cloud/non-cloud platforms; serverless technologies.
• Manual and automated techniques to ensure code quality using SonarQube, Sauce Labs, JFrog XRay and other similar tools.
• Architecture and design experience using Web Services/ESB/Integration technologies including GraphQL, OData, REST and SOAP based services.
• Architecture and design experience using Application Servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic.
• Architecture and design experience using RDBMS platforms such as AWS RDS, PostGreSQL, Oracle using PL/SQL, MS SQL Server as well as NoSQL technologies.
• Experience in more than one IT discipline such as web/mobile application architecture/design, middleware/integration architecture/design within/across enterprises, information security architecture/design, and database architecture/design.
• Experience in Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket, Open Source frameworks, monitoring services (such as AppDynamics), Containerization (using Docker) and integration with COTS products and/or legacy technologies.
• DevOps experience: CI/CD, Jenkins, XL Release, Bit Bucket, Scripting: Teraform
– Process Flows
-Mentor and Knowledge transfer to client project team members
-Participate as primary, co and/or contributing author on any and all project deliverables associated with their assigned areas of responsibility
-Participate in data conversion and data maintenance
-Provide best practice and industry specific solutions
-Advise on and provide alternative (out of the box) solutions
-Provide thought leadership as well as hands on technical configuration/development as needed.
-Participate as a team member of the functional team
-Perform other duties as assigned.
About The InSource Group:
The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists to some of the area's most prominent companies. We are looking for candidates who can make an immediate, positive impact when placed with our clients.
The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully, our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.