- Location: Lewisville, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27425
Growing healthcare organization is looking to hire Mid to Senior level BI Developer.
Looking for someone to solve business problems using technology and dig into existing reports/scripts and make needed adjustments.
Technology stack includes:
The Business Intelligence Developer, under the direction of the Director of Enterprise Applications, is responsible for producing quality analytical and reporting solutions that support the operations and strategic imperatives of the organization. As part of the team, this person will be responsible to move, integrate, and transform data into business insight using full Microsoft BI (MSBI) Stack – SQL/T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and Power BI. This is a hands-on development-focused position.
The preferred candidate will possess top-notch technical skills and experience in full stack MSBI development with a strong focus on customer service & quality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze business needs to produce data warehouse/business intelligence solutions in support of BI strategy
- Produce quality & timely deliverables as part of data warehouse project team(s)
- Design and develop Data Warehouse ETL processes in SSIS & SQL Stored Procedures
- Design and develop Reports from Data Warehouse using Power BI, SSIS, or other delivery methods as needed
- Take ownership to ensure quality of data in data warehouse
- Become expert in very short time in existing BI solutions to troubleshoot and correct issues
- Take additional responsibility over time to perform design and development of Data Warehouse database schema(s) & structures
- Take additional responsibility over time to perform design and development of Data Warehouse Cubes – Dimensional, Tabular, Relational, and Multidimensional OLAP cubes
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion.
- Ability to prioritize work with tight schedules and target dates.
- Track system issues and drive resolution by solving problems directly or coordinating with escalated vendor support.
- Responds to production issues through analysis and root cause. Researches and coordinates with customers and vendor support teams to evaluate and determine resolution.
- Communicate enhancement portfolio status and incident performance metrics regularly to IT leadership and key business stakeholders.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to train users on supported systems and create user documentation.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Train IT team members with supporting documentation on common issue resolution and changes to systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related fields
- 4+ years of experience with ETL design & development using Microsoft BI stack, including SQL and SSIS in Data Warehouse setting
- Must have expertise in SQL
- Proficient with MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion
- Ability to prioritize work with tight schedules and target dates
- Efficiently work in Agile and Waterfall projects
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high-performing team
- Knowledge and experience in Power BI will be a plus
- Familiarity with database design and architecture for data warehouse is a plus
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, managing and supporting OLTP, OLAP or Warehouse Database Management Systems is a big plus
- 6+ months of experience in SSAS (Dimensional and Tabular), SSRS, DAX, MDX, and other components is a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills (written and verbal)
About The InSource Group:
When you are looking for a new career opportunity, you need an advocate with strong connections within the best companies. The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists like you, to some of the nation's most prominent companies, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500.
The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. We will assist you with your resume and interviewing techniques as well as provide you background information on the companies and people you choose to interview with.
Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set, culture preference and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.