- Location: Plano
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26855
Dallas based company is looking for a Sr Business Intelligence Developer. This is a fulltime position.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for transforming business requirements into functionally useful business intelligence solutions.
Deliverables may include the following: reports; cubes; dashboards; visualizations; excel reports and templates; database modeling and development; Extraction Translation and Load (ETL) development; stored procedures; production job scheduling and management; related documentation; and other types as needed to support business requirements. Additionally, work with business users to proactively identify requirements, support testing/validation, off-hours support and assist with training are considered basics of this position.
This role requires solid experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence toolset, BI development lifecycle and working knowledge on many BI concepts. It is expected that this individual can excel in a small, collaborative and dynamic environment. In addition, deliverables must ensure data is consistent, available, accurate and fit for analytics and reporting thus ensuring quality of our BI environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership on the technologies used within the BI environment; helping other team members and business users grow their capabilities for using the technologies.
- Work directly with user groups to determine reporting needs; translate those needs into deliverables which best fit the organization and business need.
- Develop quality reports, cubes, ETL, Excel templates, data models, stored procedures, documentation and other deliverable types.
- Perform unit testing and validation for any and all deliverables before turning them over to the business user.
- Perform optimizations on deliverables such as reports, cube processing, stored procedure, SQL queries, etc. by working the issue and making appropriate changes.
- Work with project teams to identify new requirements for BI based on the needs of the project.
- Must be able to verify and reconcile data for accuracy and consistency.
- Proven ability to write, tune and execute complex T-SQL queries.
- Proven experience with the data warehousing technologies, including:
-Relational Database and SQL language (column store is nice to have).
-OLAP development using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) – Tabular and Multidimensional.
-Report development using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
-Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
-Ability to write OLAP query language MDX (DAX is a plus).
-Advanced level in MS Excel and ability to manipulate data out of cubes using pivot tables.
- PowerBI, Datazen and other BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik (nice to have).
- Ability to deploy BI solutions in SharePoint a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field preferred.
- At least 9 years of BI experience in a Microsoft environment, developing BI solutions using the MS BI stack while supporting the BI lifecycle.
- Proficient knowledge of methodologies, processes and tools commonly used in BI environments
- Possess leadership skills as demonstrated by a disciplined approach to innovation and the capacity to create and embrace the vision for the end goal or project deliverable.
- Able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team and handle sensitive data professionally.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and work within deadlines.
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting and solving issues.
- Strong work ethic, good attitude, highly organized, detailed oriented and team player.
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts and apply them to solutions.
- Willingness to be on-call to support the business off-hours.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!