- Location: Texas
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #27767
DFW client is looking for a Business Analyst. This is a contract to hire position.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategy and Portfolio Management, operates as a liaison for business departments as they interact with various groups to determine appropriate solutions to business problems. Provides requisite analysis, definition and control for planned solutions. Ensures correct business functionality, requirements, and industry standards are addressed to provide the most efficient solutions.
- Meets with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals; identifies and resolves systems issues; and leads design sessions to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; and develops strategies for improving or further leveraging systems.
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas; communicates ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; and prioritizes and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Coordinates and performs in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support; and ensures compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Collaborates in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications; creates system design proposals; performs cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions; and provides orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Creates systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers; and identifies and establishes scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Builds effective relationships with business units to develop a “joint” vision. Acts as a liaison with IT and/or outside vendors as appropriate in support of the systems.
- Works together with Consultants and Project Managers to ensure the client’s business needs have been met.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer technology or analytical techniques is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with business operations or systems development, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and/or expertise in one or more specific areas of business, such as automotive, electric vehicles, financial, and/or manufacturing.
- Familiarity with Business Process Reengineering concepts and methods.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and toolsets (e.g. Jira)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and negotiation skills with close attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time management and motivational abilities.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and database software and/or business systems. (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, VISIO, VB, other graphic software).
- Ability to understand concepts governing relational database structures, use reporting/query tools, and construct SQL statements. Ability to learn additional programs as required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with branch, regional and corporate personnel.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability.
- Prefer two (2) years of Senior Business Analyst responsibility.
- IIBA CBAP certification a plus