- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #26840
Dallas based company is looking for a Data Engineer.
Qualified candidate will have a crucial role in the definition, design, and implementation of the data that supports our award-winning products.
In this position, you will participate on a software development team to build and analyze the data being used by our applications and our valued customers as well as support the technology after deployments.
The position requires a thorough understanding of MS SQL database architectures, data manipulation and analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
• Create and maintain optimal data architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or progressively responsible professional work experience strongly preferred
• 6+ years of experience with relational databases and possess advanced skills in Microsoft SQL Server tools and technologies including T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSDT
• Self-starter requiring minimum supervision
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Expertise in creating, tuning, and maintaining SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, and functions and other database objects and executables. Including the use of dynamic SQL
• Experience in performing complex data analysis and subsequently developing solutions
• Experience in working with real-time, data-driven, software and web applications
• Experience in working in a software development environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Automation experience for day to day tasks required
•Familiarity with Microsoft VBA for Applications and .net CLR, SSIS, DTS packages
Desired Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with data XML and related APIs
• Powershell scripting
• Familiarity with Agile methodology
• Public Cloud experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
• Experience with MySql, Aurora, Elasticsearch is desirable
The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists to some of the area's most prominent companies. We are looking for candidates who can make an immediate, positive impact when placed with our clients. The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully; our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.