- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #27578
Dallas client is looking for a Data Engineer III.
A qualified Data Engineer has a crucial role in the definition, design, and implementation of the data that supports our award-winning products.
In this position, you will participate on a software development team to build and analyze the data being used by our applications and our valued customers as well as support the technology after deployments. The position requires a thorough understanding of MS SQL database architectures, data manipulation and analysis.
- Create and maintain optimal data architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or progressively responsible professional work experience strongly preferred
- 6+ years of experience with relational databases and possess advanced skills in Microsoft SQL Server tools and technologies including T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSDT
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Expertise in creating, tuning, and maintaining SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, and functions and other database objects and executables. Including the use of dynamic SQL
- Experience in performing complex data analysis and subsequently developing solutions
- Experience in working with real-time, data-driven, software and web applications
- Experience in working in a software development environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Automation experience for day to day tasks required
- Powershell scripting
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with data XML and related APIs
- Familiarity with Microsoft VBA for Applications and .net CLR, SSIS, DTS packages
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Public Cloud experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with MySql, Aurora, Elasticsearch is desirable
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!