- Location: Fort Worth
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26705
Fort Worth company is looking to hire a Lead Enterprise Data Scientist. This is a fulltime position.
As one of the initial data scientists on the team, you will be a founding member of helping to build and unite a community around data-driven values.
You will be utilizing resources to analyze data and build predictive solutions, taking full advantage of company software and hardware capabilities in all areas of our enterprise, including operations, research, and innovation technology.
In additional to technical, data-driven projects, you will be a technical leader and mentor to the junior data scientists within the organization to further grow the team’s abilities. You are a critical thinker, problem solver, and an intrinsically motivated individual who is enthusiastic about finding answers to challenging questions and clearly communicating those findings to non-technical audiences.
- Designing and implementing advanced models and analytics to self-disrupt and change the way we work, creating massive business and customer value in the process
- Collaborating with team members to build machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions from development through testing and validation
- Working with the latest open source tools, libraries, platforms, and languages to explore large, complex, and dynamic data sources for relationships and actionable insights
- Investigating the impact of new technologies on the future of complex manufacturing and future vertical lift
- Advises IT Data Engineers to build, automate, and/or maintain a set of enterprise-wide data services (data lake) and connectors for internal and external data sources that can be rapidly deployed to business analysts. Awareness of data engineering tools such as Kafka, Spark and Airflow are a bonus.
- Making build vs use decisions on variety of open source products / implementations in Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) space
Education and Related Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree plus 9 years of experience in Data Science OR a Master's degree plus 7 years of relevant Data Science experience OR a Doctoral degree plus 5 years of Data Science experience. An Associate's degree plus 11 years of experience in Data Science may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position.
- Degree’s considered: Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Operations Research, Astronomy, Bioinformatics or Computer Science. Note: A broader range of degrees will be considered if accompanied by a Certificate in Data Science from an accredited college/university.
Skills and Competencies Sought Includes:
- At least 7 years of advanced Predicative Modeling and Analytics skills including Probability Theory, Regression, Classification, Multivariate Time Series, and related statistics.
- Passion for rigorous analysis of data including supervised learning, unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning and natural language processing
- Proven ability to generate and effectively communicate analytical insights through visualization and reporting tools (SAS, JMP, MS Power BI, HANA, Qlik, R Markdown).
- Mastery required in database languages; MSSQL and Oracle.
- Mastery required in data science object-oriented programming languages including Python and R.
- Tenacity, integrity, persistence, and willingness to learn
- Proven ability to solve complex problems
- Uses critical thinking and reasoning to make analytic determinations
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, neo4j, HANA, Hadoop, and Cassandra
- Experience with Spark, Scala and Julia
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!