- Location: Garland
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #26641
Dallas client is looking for a Mid level Dev / Ops for Cloud consultant that will convert to a fulltime employee in 6 months.
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
- In this role, you will work collaboratively with software developers to deploy and operate our Cloud-based environments. Your primary responsibility will be to own the deployment for our suite of SaaS applications and own the cloud-based infrastructure on which it runs.
- Our DevOps person will automate and streamline our operations and processes plus build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Additionally, you’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Our DevOps person will also monitor our source code build in the cloud. Familiarity with load testing tools, vulnerability and penetration prevention tools and logging tools should be part of your toolset.
- Our Dev/Ops person should have skills to migrate data between environments for developers/users to test the applications.
- Our Dev/Ops person should continuously work to modernize our code development and deployment strategy in the cloud, making suggestions and researching new best practices and then documenting the accepted ideas and practices.
This position involves the following in accordance with all the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services – Experience with Azure is required.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Should be an expert in Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery and Deployment.
- Should have knowledge of Test Driven Development and Acceptance Test Driven Development.
- Experience with PHP/Python applications in production and writing Bash scripts. Also configuring server software (NGINX, Apache, PHP-FPM, Gunicorn, Redis and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Python as a scripting language within a Linux environment.
- Experience with automation/configuration/deployment management using Bitbucket Pipelines (preferably) or Chef, Jenkins/Hudson and TravisCI and deploying to various environments.
- A working understanding of programming languages (specifically Bash, Python and PHP.)
- Strong experience with SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with locking down and securing environments, including: Firewalls, WAFs, DDOS, Bastions, NAT Gateways, VPNs, and IPSECs
- Experience with Microservices (specifically using Docker).
- Experience with Container Orchestration (specifically Kubernetes).
Order management System (OMS) plus Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Redis, Celery, Gunicorn
Connector Integrated Bus
- PHP, Symphony, MySQL, Redis, Resque, NGINX
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical or management training and experience
- Minimum of 4 years work experience.
- Azure Ops Certification is a Plus.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum practices and principles.
- Good skills to coach and mentor team members.
- Experience working with the Atlassian tool suite, including: Jira, Confluence, and HipChat is a major plus.
- Experience with Azure.
- Experience with NoSQL DB (such as Mongo).
- Experience with Redis is a plus.
- Experience with creating diagrams and documents in Visio or Omnigraffle is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs.
- Ability to take and understand his commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc. Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment characterized by rapid change and high availability targets.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Analytical ability to identify problems, reason logically and draw valid conclusions in order to determine and implement an effective course of action.
- Required proficiency levels for technical area and applies skills to the design of information systems.
- Creativity in developing and implementing multiple IT solutions related to define information systems projects.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels within an organization.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!