- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26295
Dallas based company is looking for a Dev Ops Engineer. This is a fulltime position.
The specific focus for the DevOps Engineer is on configuration, automation, and optimization of the development and production platform. This includes dev, QA, and production environments as well as the full deployment pipeline.
- Maintain, mature, and standardize the CI/CD process for code and infrastructure
- Automate and codify infrastructure and supporting systems in all phases of the SDLC, increasing efficiency via continuous feedback and process improvements.
- Define and implement solutions that enable teams to deploy to production iteratively and frequently in a reliable and repeatable process.
- Focus on creating production like systems for development and testing environments prior to code promotion to production.
- Implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation. Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Continuously monitor and validate operational quality characteristics of hosted solutions
- Work with operations and development teams on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks and plan future capacity needs.
- Work within DevOps community to establish consistent and repeatable processes across Dev teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments
- Knowledge of best-practice security and networking techniques for an Internet-facing system
- High level investigative skills in working with developers and operations to resolve system-wide technical problems that cut across all areas of mission critical software and IT infrastructure
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written. Written skills should include technical documentation experience
- Solid understanding of SDLC principles and concepts especially in an Agile environment
Desired Technology Experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and scripting
- Extensive experience with automation/configuration management using Salt, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Extensive experience with load balancing technology (F5, AWS ELB, NGINX) or an equivalent
- Experience managing and configuring public cloud providers: Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and analytics using Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with configuring and maintaining Jenkins and Jenkins Pipeline
- Experience with log parsing and monitoring using Graylog, ELK, or related
- Experience configuring and managing ElasticSearch
- Strong experience with large SQL and NoSQL
- Experience writing code in Python
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!