- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26827
A top security company is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Development department.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for improvement; both in our processes and in yourself. We work in an Agile environment with development teams utilizing Scrum practices including sprints and Kanban. While we deal heavily in Microsoft technologies, we’re looking for someone well versed in DevOps practices and we utilize industry standard tools as much as possible. In this role you will guide teams through the Software Development Life Cycle by designing, implementing, and automating the systems and tools needed to take code from the developer’s machine into production.
What you will be doing:
- Architect automated solutions for standing up on-demand environments
- Provide best practices for CI/CD pipelines while documenting and training teams on their use
- Maintain existing on-premises and cloud environments
- Application and system monitoring and performance tuning
- Interfacing daily with Development teams and other departments
- Implementing performance and monitoring solutions to improve service dependability and reliability
- Research new technology to fill future and current needs
Tech you will work with:
- OS: Windows server core, CentOS Linux
- Platforms: Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenStack
- Network load balancers: HA-Proxy, F5 Big-IP, AWS ELB, Azure Application Gateway
- Web Servers: IIS, NGINX
- Protocols: WCF, REST
- Database: MS SQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, ARM, Cloud Formation
- Config Management: Chef, DSC
- Languages: Powershell, C#, BASH, NodeJS
- Build and deployment tools: VSTS, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins
- MS active directory and PKI a plus
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- 2+ years of experience with container technologies, how to deploy, and how to scale them in a cloud environment
- CI/CD pipelining with automation end to end including deployment processes and testing
- 3+ years of experience working with public or private cloud technologies, IaaS and PaaS solution
- Strong system design experience building, deploying, and scaling applications in a distributed computing environment (4+ years’ experience)
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including routing, load balancing, and software defined networking, and DNS (4+ years’ experience)
- An attitude of success defined in team accomplishments
Qualified candidate may be based in Dallas, Atlanta, or Florida.
Position require a criminal background screening.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!