- Location: Dallas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26875
Dallas based company is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer. This is a fulltime position.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will work closely with Development, Database and IT operations teams to architect automated deployments using infrastructure as code methodology for all environments and will also be strategically focused on ensuring the high availability, configuration consistency, scheduled maintenance and consistent performance of the production and non production web applications, web application monitoring and all components of devops tool chains.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will have both technical and communication skills as well as desire to be a subject matter expert on the system engineering team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Architect modular and reusable Ansible playbooks and roles as well as extend existing playbooks for web application deployment in the context of a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment and utilizing Infrastructure as Code methodologies.
- Architect both private cloud (VMware, F5 LTM) and future public cloud (AWS) infrastructure components.
- Architect the monitoring of highly available production web applications and dependent systems as well as maintain existing HA systems with a high degree of automation.
- Modernize and remediate existing systems by consolidating and converging physical server platform architectures through the use of automation, virtualization and application containerization in support of a consistently re-creatable infrastructure as code.
- Troubleshooting problems of a complex nature independently. You shall support systems that you have not implemented with minimal documentation and external support using advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Provide deep knowledge in a variety of disciplines including Linux administration, L7 networking, Devops methodologies, CI/CD best practices, Web Application Performance monitoring and Amazon Cloud services to the System Engineering team.
- You should feel that the quality of your work is a direct result of your own testing and understanding. You should be able to successfully implement change in production where no formal QA occurs. Your developed systems should adhere to a high standard of quality and availability.
- Build, maintain and scale infrastructure for Prod and non-Prod environments
- Evaluate new tools and technologies through POCs and propose solutions for implementation
- Perform support duties within a 24×7 on-call support rotation with flexibility to adjust hours for outages and perform after hours and weekend support as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively at a high level with groups such as IT operations, DB Engineering, Application Development and Management in support of architecture change and application availability.
- Contribute to future cloud strategy discussions and architecture decisions as use of AWS cloud usage expands.
- Mentor less senior members of the system engineering team.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years progressively responsible IT industry experience with web application hosting/development, deployment and production support and command line level experience in a Linux Based environment.
- 6+ years hands-on command line level experience in a CENTOS or similar Linux Based environment.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with most of these container architecture and orchestration technologies: DOCKER, SWARM, LXC, KUBERNETES, and LXD.
- 4+ years of experience Architecting complex ANSIBLE playbooks.
- 4+ years of Architecting JENKINS CI and CD pipeline deployments to multiple environments through the use of Groovy Seeds, Freestyle Jobs, Multi branch pipelines from multiple SCMs and artifact stores and multiple Jenkins slaves.
- 4+ years hands-on cumulative experience in a development capacity using one or more of the following or similar languages: BASH SHELL, JAVA, GROOVY, PYTHON, RUBY, PHP, NODEJS.
- 2+ years AWS cloud deployment and production support experience at scale with a variety of services.
- 1+ years of experience with TERRAFORM or CLOUDFORMATION.
- Extensive Command line Linux skills and shell scripting. We are a CENTOS shop. You will be required to work with headless linux servers directly on the command line to debug situations of a complex nature. Must show demonstrable command line skills.
- Deployment and monitoring of highly available web applications without outage.
- Ability to safely implement changes in production systems where you have minimal knowledge.
- Ability to perform in 24×7 on call rotation.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- 10+ years progressively responsible IT industry experience with web application hosting/development, deployment and production support and command line level experience in a Linux Based environment.
- 8+ years hands-on cumulative experience in a development capacity using one or more of the following or similar languages: ANSIBLE, BASH SHELL, JAVA, GROOVY, PYTHON, RUBY, PHP, NODEJS, TERRAFORM, CLOUDFORMATION.
- 8+ years of hands-on operational experience with SCM (GIT & SVN), CI/CD and DEVOPS methodologies.
- 6+ years of Architecting JENKINS CI and CD pipeline deployments to multiple environments through the use of Groovy Seeds, Freestyle Jobs, Multi branch pipelines from multiple SCMs and artifact stores and multiple Jenkins slaves.
- 4+ years of hands-on operational experience with GlusterFS or similar Distributed file systems.
- Experience with Azure DevOps platform.
- 4+ years AWS cloud deployment and production support experience at scale with a variety of services.
- Experience debugging L4 and L7 Networking issues like Routing, Firewalls (iptables), Switching, Load Balancing in regards to web application delivery.
- Elastic Stack: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana.
- Extensive demonstrable experience with infrastructure and tools automation.
- Operational experience with the more of these the better: ANT, APACHE, AWS, BASH, CENTOS LINUX, DOCKER, DNSMASQ, GIT, GLUSTERFS, IPTABLES, JIRA, F5 BIGIP LTM and IRULES, JIRA, LSOF, LVM, LXC./LXD, LVM, MAVEN, NODEJS, NPM, NEXUS, NGINX, PYTHON, REDIS, SAMBA, SWARM, TOMCAT, TCPDUMP, VAGRANT, VIRTUALBOX, VMWARE, WILDFLY, ZABBIX.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!