- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #27049
Dallas client is looking for a Sr DEVOPS Engineer. This is a contract position for a Sr role and should have 6+ years IT industry experience.
Key professional traits:
- You are a troubleshooter at heart and enjoy diving in the deep end, figuring things out by solving problems and presenting solutions.
- You are comfortable with diverse workloads which involve switching focus between contributing to Infrastructure as Code, Build/Deployment, Application Monitoring and SRE work
- You enjoy being challenged to constantly learn and implement new devops tool chains / stacks / processes / skills as they relate to modern web application deployment and delivery.
- You methodically test and retest your work to ensure success during implementation.
- You are consistently able to make change in environments without disruption by your architectural decisions which allow for clear, concise and testable interfaces between disparate systems making your architected systems and toolchains are robust and resilient to failure.
- You have a history of progressively complex responsibilities within many of these areas: linux system administration, devops toolchains: ci/cd, containerization, production support/sre, application monitoring, application development, L4,L7 networking, AWS cloud engineering.
Your Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Architect modular Ansible playbooks and roles as well as extend existing playbooks for web application deployment in the context of a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment and utilizing Infrastructure as Code methodologies.
- Architect both private cloud (VMware, F5 LTM) and future public cloud (AWS) infrastructure components.
- Architect the monitoring of highly available production web applications and dependent systems as well as maintain existing HA systems with a high degree of automation.
- Modernize and remediate existing systems by consolidating and converging physical server platform architectures through the use of automation, virtualization and application containerization in support of a consistently re-creatable infrastructure as code.
- Troubleshooting problems of a complex nature independently. You shall support systems that you have not implemented with minimal documentation and external support using advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Provide deep knowledge in a variety of disciplines including Linux administration, L7 networking, Devops methodologies, CI/CD best practices, Web Application Performance monitoring and Amazon Cloud services to the System Engineering team.
- Build, maintain and scale infrastructure for Prod and non-Prod environments
- Evaluate new tools and technologies through POCs and propose solutions for implementation
- Perform support duties within a 24×7 on-call support rotation with flexibility to adjust hours for outages and perform after hours and weekend support as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively at a high level with groups such as IT operations, DB Engineering, Application Development and Management in support of architecture change and application availability.
- Contribute to future cloud strategy discussions and architecture decisions as AWS cloud usage expands.
- You should feel that the quality of your work is a direct result of your own testing and understanding. You should be able to successfully implement change in production where no formal QA occurs. Your developed systems should adhere to a high standard of quality and availability.
- 6+ years progressively responsible IT industry experience with web application hosting/development, deployment and production support and command line level experience in a Linux Based environment.
- 6+ years hands-on command line level experience in a CENTOS or similar Linux Based environment. We are a CENTOS shop. You will be required to work with headless Linux servers directly on the command line to debug situations of a complex nature. Must show demonstrable command line skills.
- 4+ years of experience Architecting complex modular / reusable ANSIBLE playbooks
- 4+ years of Architecting JENKINS CI and CD pipeline deployments to multiple environments through the use of Groovy Seeds, Freestyle Jobs, Multi branch pipelines from multiple SCMs and artifact stores and multiple Jenkins slaves.
- 4+ years hands-on cumulative experience in a development capacity using one or more of the following or similar languages: BASH SHELL, JAVA, GROOVY, PYTHON, RUBY, PHP, NODEJS.
- 2+ years AWS cloud deployment and production support experience at scale with a variety of services.
- 1+ years of experience with TERRAFORM or CLOUDFORMATION.
- Ability to perform in 24×7 on call rotation.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Operational experience with the more of these the better: ANT, APACHE, AWS, BASH, CENTOS LINUX, DOCKER, DNSMASQ, ELASTICSEARCH, GIT, GLUSTERFS, IPTABLES, JIRA, KIBANA, F5 BIGIP LTM and IRULES, JIRA, LSOF, LVM, LXC/LXD, LVM, MAVEN, NODEJS, NPM, NEXUS, NGINX, PYTHON, REDIS, SAMBA, TOMCAT, TCPDUMP, VAGRANT, VIRTUALBOX, VMWARE, WILDFLY, ZABBIX.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!