- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26991
CLIENT is currently looking for a Business Development Director which is a key sales role within the CLIENT Public Services Commercial Operations Organization reporting to the Vice President & Head of Commercial Operations, U.S. Public Services, The Business Development Director will be responsible for cultivating executive relationships with the Public Services Sector while designing and executing business development plans that generating new business for CLIENT Public Services Unit from the targeted Federal, State and Local operating departments with the U.S. Public Sector.
The candidate will play a both a role farmer and hunter role, responsible for acquiring new business in targeted departments within the Public Sector and overseeing business relationships for those newly acquired departmental relationships for CLIENT on up an through the most senior executives of these departments and the government entity as a whole.
They will target sales of CLIENT entire Public Sector portfolio of IT, Business Process, and Consulting Services including Business & Systems Integration, Consulting/Advisory, Business Process Services, Application Services, Infrastructure Services and Platforms for targeted Federal, State and Local Agencies. The Business Development Director is an individual contributor role and position’s primary responsibility is to achieve new sales contract value and revenues for the CLIENT U.S. Public Service Sector.
The business development candidate will develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making authority at CxO level executives at targeted accounts, as well as drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution. The role is supported by Market Development, Pre-Sales, Solutions and Service Delivery Teams servicing the U.S. Public Services Sector operating unit for CLIENT.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual contract and revenue targets established by the Vice President & Head of Commercial Operations and execute business development, offering positioning and sales strategies as a member of the Public Sector Commercial Operations team for the United States of America.
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management goals designed to build an optimal and well-qualified sales pipeline.
- Develop strong, long-term senior executive relationships and referrals with senior management at targeted agencies and operating units with the Federal, State and Local government market.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI response, multi-day client workshops, RFP submission, negotiations and deal signing. The candidate is the focal point for all communication, business development, sales and relationship management activities with prospects and customers.
- Work in close collaboration with CLIENT marketing, solutions, presales & service delivery teams to ensure that proposed solutions, offerings and services fully align and effectively address customers’ business and technology needs with differentiated capabilities and insight.
- Provide support to customers/clients during and maintain a business relationship throughout and engagement and look for new areas to promote additional services. Manage and ensure client satisfaction and integrity of the CLIENT business relationship.
- Leverage market development and research activities and competitive positioning analysis to develop new relationships and targeted market insight and perspective used to accelerate business development strategies and plans.
- Adhere to all CLIENT Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Strong business development and senior business relationship profile with a proven track record of success in proposition selling large enterprise engagements that include CLIENT Services, Solutions and Platforms within the Public Sector.
- Demonstration of a consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales contracting and revenue targets
- 10+ years of experience in promoting CLIENT Services, Solutions and Platforms to Public Sector clients and managing long-term relationships.
- Strong network of senior executives in the Public Sector.
- Experience with provider/partner selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management.
- Experience of working on opportunities run by Third Party Advisory Firms
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration for large deals
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives
- The candidate is expected to travel regularly to prospect and customer locations to support senior relationship development, demand creation, lead generation, demand capture, sales presentations, contract negotiations, engagement implementation, and ongoing relationship management and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Leading Top 100 University or College. Technical Undergraduate Degree preferred. Graduate Degree preferred.