- Location: Plano
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38139
Growing national Enterprise company is looking for a Director, IT & Data Management. this is a direct hire position for their Plano office.
We are looking for candidates with multi-disciplinary enterprise-level experience in IT department management, data base development, data cleansing, blending, analysis, and reporting. Their duties include collaborating with and leading other data & IT professionals to support IT applications integrations, extract data supporting creation of Tableau reports/visualizations and dashboards based on their findings, and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) to determine business initiatives’ success.
The Director, IT & Data Management will have oversight and administrative responsibilities for Data Warehouse/Cloud Computing, and lead a team of Analysts and Developers supporting data management and reporting needs of the business.
The responsibilities of the Director include creating technical solutions, creating data storage tools, and conducting tests. This will include helping non-technical employees and senior management personnel interpret data and designing visualizations. Plans, directs, and oversees an organization's Data Management operations and staff. Develops strategies for data storage and long-term data preservation. Maintains specifications, rules, and constraints of incoming and outgoing data processes. Work closely with 3rd party Saas partner, offshore developers, and lead technical evaluations of new potential platforms, applications, and technology partners.
This position will manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, oversee and support the building and maintenance of data storage, integration projects, data integrity, reporting vehicles, and ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support service. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Infrastructure and Operations.
· Hires, trains, and supervises IT staff.
· Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT team.
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
· Develops and oversees the implementation of processes for the organization’s IT systems and department.
· Establishes and maintains standards for data integrity, IT structures, standardization of data formatting to produce highly efficient processing of financial reporting, operational measurement, providing solutions for improvement of IT infrastructure.
· Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
· Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
· Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
· Oversees and supports the integration of various IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP) in support of company initiatives.
· Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
· Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
· Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
· Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
· Recruit, train, develop and supervise developer-level employees.
· Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
· Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering as well as modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables.
· Examine, interpret, and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
· Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
· Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
· Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
· Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
· Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or closely related required; master’s degree or MBA preferred.
· At least ten years of experience managing an IT department.
· Through understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals.
· Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
· Enterprise-level knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
· Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
· Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
· Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
· Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
· Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
· Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
· Strong ability to plan and manage multiple processes, people, and projects simultaneously.
· Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
· We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating, and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 3 years of experience leading a team.
· Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc.
· Experience with Tableau a Plus
· Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving.
· Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly.
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
· Team player.
· Good time-management skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· High energy, excellent focus, success-driven
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure meeting continuing deadlines
· Ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a highly-collaborative multi-disciplinary team
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Analytical mindset
· Attention to detail
About The InSource Group: When you are looking for a new career opportunity, you need an advocate with strong connections within the best companies. The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists like you, to some of the nation's most prominent companies, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500. The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. We will assist you with your resume and interviewing techniques as well as provide you background information on the companies and people you choose to interview with. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set, culture preference and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.