- Location: Dallas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27065
Dallas client is seeking a Director of Software Development in their corporate office.
The Director of Software Development is responsible for all of the company’s software product development, quality assurance and production support activities. The Director of Software Development (DSD) works within an environment of rapid growth and must anticipate and respond effectively to needs as they emerge. The DSD is expected to represent the technology team in a positive manner, provide creative thinking and solutions, actively contribute to the development of the company and deliver quality work products in a timely manner. The DSD works closely with other functional leaders in the company, including Chief Software Architect, COO, VP Client Success, President and CEO. This position also works closely with both existing and prospective clients in crafting solutions that meet or exceed requirements, represent solid investments for company and represent architectural excellence. The DSD position reports directly to the Sr. Director of IT.
• Provide strong, positive day to day leadership for all software development activities
• Develop strategic planning for, and direction and control of, product development activities
• Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on management, for all product development
• Work closely with other teams to ensure that business requirements are clearly understood and delivered – on time and within budget
• Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or client requirements
• Ensure that software products are fully and correctly defined and documented
• Promote/hire and direct a staff of senior leaders to ensure necessary resources are in place to meet scheduled commitments and quality project deliveries
• Implement appropriate processes to support agile product development process
• Provide accurate task and project estimates to completion
• Create a rewarding workplace and a highly motivated development staff.
• Minimum of 10 years of software development experience
• Experience with Python, Linux, HTML and SQL
• Demonstrated understanding of SaaS services
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills on the phone, in person and in writing • Outstanding listener / communicator with extraordinary follow-thru and follow-up
• Demonstrated self-confidence, easy to work with and has a high energy level
• Significant experience leading software development teams in a fast moving, rapidly growing environment
• Strong operational and project management skills
• Outstanding team building and leadership skills
• Solid understanding of software engineering technical issues/needs, financial, sales and marketing as related to software products and services, design and development
• A working knowledge of fulfillment and distribution operations
• A BS or better in Computer Science or a related area
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!