- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #26476
Dallas based company i slooking for a Senior Electrical Engineer. This is a contract position.
Qualified candidate will have primary responsibility to support the design, development, and test of FPGA based image processing systems and infrared sensors. You will interface with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines; including circuit card design, integrated circuit design, test engineering, and systems engineering. The successful candidate will participate in requirements analysis, electronics architecture definition, VHDL coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis, place and route, timing closure, Design Verification Testing, and the generation of Software Requirements Specification and Software Design Description documents for various FPGA designs.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
These represent the *minimum* years of experience and education required to do a particular job.
- Bachelors of Science or higher level degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as an FPGA Design Engineer
- Candidate must possess strong communication and problem solving skills
- Organized, strong attention to detail, excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrated strong customer relations skills.
- Warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience with Intel Cyclone FPGAs and Quartus compilers
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Visual Basic, .NET, and C/C++
- Experience with automation of test and measurement devices such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, data acquisition devices, frame grabbers, etc
- Experience with PCB tools such as Orcad
- Familiarity with Matlab and/or ImageJ
- Test experience of infrared detectors or equivalent imaging sensors
- Other higher level languages
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- FPGA firmware design including RTL development in VHDL and Verilog
- FPGA simulation, hardware integration/test support, and documentation
- Circuit card and system requirements definition and specification support
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, test systems or subsystems
- Establish and implement product design and manufacturing process changes to reduce cost and improve performance
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned tasks, both on time and within budget
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and customers, as required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of circuit analysis
- Hands-on experience in electronics test lab environment
- Ability to work independently or with multiple teams, on multiple assignments
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for product support tasks
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!