- Location: Dallas
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #27031
Dallas company is looking for an Electrical Engineer.
As an Electrical Engineer, the successful candidate will interface with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines, including: integrated circuit design, analog and digital circuit board design, product engineering, mechanical design, and software design. With responsibility for production test systems, the successful candidate will be involved with the design and development of test platforms and equipment to ensure compliance with specifications, complete product validations, and maintain documentation, all with the goal of developing the best infrared sensor technology in the industry.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
· Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering.
· 5+ years experience in troubleshooting circuits and / or electronics test design.
· Experience with testing imaging detectors, such as infrared detectors or equivalent · Experience with MS Office Suite
· Experience with circuit design
· Familarity with MatLab or MathCAD programming language
· Familiarity with FPGA design tools, such as Altera or Xilinx
· Experience with Visual Basic, VB Scripting, C, C++, Python or equivalent programming language
· Other higher level languages
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as technical applications interface to both internal & external customers using our products
· Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, test systems or subsystems
· Design, fabricate, and debug production and engineering test platforms
· Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support
· Identify yield limits and recommend changes to increase manufacturing margin
· Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and within budget
· Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and customer, as required
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong understanding of the fundamentals of circuit analysis
· Hands-on experience in electronics test lab environment
· Ability to work independently or with multiple teams, on multiple assignments
· Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
· May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!