- Location: Dallas
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #26902
Dallas company is looking to hire several Embedded Software Engineers.
The embedded Software Engineer will be an integral part of our Infrared Sensors & Systems (ISS) Software Development Team. The Engineer will design, develop and test embedded software for infrared sensors and subsystems. The Engineer will interface with other Team Members representing a wide range of disciplines, including Electrical Engineering, Product Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations.
Bachelor's Degree with 2+ year(s) embedded software development experience; prior related intern or coop experience will be considered. A Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree is preferred.
• Experience developing in C/C++
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
• Motivated, self-starter individual
• U.S. Citizenship
• Solid knowledge in Operating System concepts
• Solid knowledge in Data Structures and Algorithms
• Experience in mutli-tasking programming, and debugging
• Familiarity with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
• Experience with Microsoft Office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports and participates in technical activity
• Designs, develops, analyzes, and tests products, systems or subsystems
• May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
• Ability to work independently under supervision of others
• Provides regular reporting of progress and status
• Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
• Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
• Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required • Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Other duties as assigned
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!