- Location: Dallas
- Type: Contract
- Job #26902
Dallas company is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer, who will be an integral part of the Electro Optical Infrared System (EOIS) Software Development Team.
Responsible for leading technical activities and completion of these activities on time and budget.
Develop software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools. Determine hardware compatibility. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering technical field with a minimum of 8+ years of experience Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge
- Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of embedded SW design experience and real-time processing architectures
- Demonstrate experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), and have experience in bare-metal implementation for embedded system
- Experience developing in C, C++ and C#
- 4+ years of experience in software requirements derivation and evaluation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel
- Motivated, self-starter individual
- Experience with embedded device drivers (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, PCIe, etc.)
- Experience in initial hardware start-up and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Capable of integrating hardware and software and developing test plans and procedures
- Experience in requirements analysis and allocations using DOORs or other tools
- Experience with VxWorks Operating System or other real-time embedded OS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Designs, develops, analyzes, documents and supports testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Supports the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
- Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!