- Location: Lewisville
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26946
Growing international organization with headquarters in DFW area is looking for a BI and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Data Analyst that wants to learn and grow technically in a Snowflake DW/AWS and Python/Oracle environment.
You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues. You can learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently. You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills. You are highly motivated and have a passion for support, development and being part of a team that works together to make things better.
· Accurately identify and assess problems by asking the right questions of the right people.
· Use analytical problem-solving techniques to resolve issues and questions.
· Conduct risk assessment and offer options when possible to stakeholders.
· Form hypothesis and run experiments / analyses to gain empirical insights and validate hypothesis
· Drive strategic business decision making through detailed analytics, insights and reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and financial results
· Use Birst or Tableau to create innovative executive dashboards, scorecards, and weekly/monthly reports on the status of key business measurements.
· Define, retrieve, and analyze large datasets using SQL, Birst and Excel to drive and define operational solutions and approaches.
· Serve as liaison to business partners on behalf of Global BI & Analytics, setting priority for work and ensuring analysis, reporting and analytics is meeting the needs of the organization
· Coordinate business process definition including incident support resolution when necessary.
· Help support and drive Enterprise Data Governance Best Practices where necessary.
· Present findings to business leaders and convey recommendations and options.
· Coordinate Business user acceptance testing across business and Enterprise BI technical team.
· Work with offshore partners as extension of team in directing work and clarifying questions when necessary.
· Work closely with the BI Data Platform Team when building new data sets and data source integrations as necessary.
· Help lead activities related to Requirements Gather and User Acceptance Testing.
· Perform detailed functional analysis in support of gathering and documenting requirements
· Document existing business processes and enhance existing documentation
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar) required
· 3-5 years’ work experience in a data warehouse environment (Cloud environment a plus)
· Expertise working with Tableau, and other BI tools such as Birst.
· Demonstrated experience performing statistical analysis on large, complex datasets
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, most importantly Excel
· Advanced SQL skills
· Experience working with R and/or Python a plus
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to explain complex analytical and statistical techniques to a wider audience
· Proven track record of self-motivation and independent discretion
· Strong intellectual curiosity; a willingness to ask questions and learn from others
· Proven track record of wearing multiple hats, customer orientation and being flexible