- Location: Plano, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #27142
Growing healthcare organization is looking to bring on a Google Cloud Engineer as a Contract-To-Hire role. In this role, the Google Cloud Engineer (CGE) will act as the SME making recommendations on best practices as well as development.
GCP is the cloud platform and BigQuery is to be implemented. DB is MySQL and the initial goal is to get a data person in place, the servers spun up and configured and then to do the development using the data on BigQuery and MySQL and Python to do the development of new tools and dashboards. (Very large data sets – 10 M records and will first start with one division of the business and then move to all other areas of the entire enterprise. )
Will create the web applications, (Dockers/Containers) processes, manipulation and processing
The web app development will be both automation of bringing data in and also publishing the data via scripting but also creating the web based application for the various business units to use.
These web based apps will help to see the data is being processed by the system, manipulated and then push it back out to the various systems/tables.
This Cloud Enineer will also do the UI/UX development as there are no inhouse developers. (The UI/UX tools have not been selected yet.)
Development to be done in Python and/or Ruby and data resides in both BigQuery and MySQL. Knowledge of containerization technologies needed (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.).
Duties will include the following:
- Support a cloud infrastructure for our team that leverages software engineering to build a foundation of innovative cloud platforms and services.
- Assist the team as a cloud infrastructure engineer supporting our Google Cloud Services (GCS) environment.
- Support the team with responding to incident response tickets, designing new infrastructure architecture and providing technical support as needed.
- Design methods and modeling for GCS applications along with compute, network and storage development, support and creation of scripts to automate deployment.
- Google Cloud mySQL setup, maintenance, and scripting.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or engineering field or equivalent experience
- Must have strong communication skills to relay technical information to customers and team members
- Experience implementing automation using Configuration Management and Deployment tools.
- Experience with GCS Cloud and other virtualization technologies
- Experienced with control of various GCP services through scripting, Python and/or Ruby.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.)
- Knowledge of security tools and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Knowledge with Python and Ruby in writing scripts to automate software configuration process
- UI/UX programming experience a plus
- crushFTP or other SFTP scripting experience a plus
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!