- Location: Plano, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38344
North Dallas client is looking for an HRIS Workday Configuration Specialist. This is a direct hire position.
This position will require Workday experience and insights to equip operational departments with the tools they need to best support their customers. From business process design, to reporting, the position will increase awareness and adoption of Workday to deliver solutions that help reduce friction for end users and improve access to data and insights.
This position will work across areas of Core HCM, Time & Absence, Recruiting, Learning, Payroll, and Talent & Performance and Finance to continually improve and extend the value of these product areas. Your experience with HR practices and understanding of how HCM transactional data impacts financials will also support all departments. Through this, you will help ensure our technical capabilities can meet the needs of today while being nimble enough to allow us to anticipate and develop future plans.
The Workday Configuration Specialist reports to the Software Development Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES, including but not limited to the following:
Technology & Innovation:
- Support Workday HCM/Finance efforts via your knowledge of Workday system design, business process framework, configuration, testing, reporting, and implementation
- Utilize knowledge of Workday’s object model, delivered reports and dashboards, custom reports, calculated fields, report performance, and testing to develop, deliver, and support business solutions
- Perform Workday administrative functions including, but not limited to business process configuration, calculated field and condition rule maintenance, alert creation, reporting.
Collaboration & Partnership:
- Build and sustain strong relationships with business areas to understand strategic priorities and help deliver solutions that align technology with those strategies
- Participate in design sessions, gather business requirements, and inform business owners of impacts of configuration decisions
- Provide support or knowledge sharing with team members to ensure a common understanding of technology and process.
Maintenance, Support, & Release Management:
- Serve as a Named Support Contact (NSC) to manage support cases
- Perform production migration and other deployment activities
- Represent the company’s interest within the Workday community via brainstorms, responding and reacting to community posts and questions
- Stay current on weekly service updates and impacts to production or other planned activities
- Monitor Workday roadmap to inform and influence business partners and decision-makers about future enhancement efforts
- Inform the bi-annual feature release team regarding areas of impact and opportunities
- Partner with training team(s) to operationalize new features and capabilities
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Workday Pro Core HCM certification
- Workday Pro Reporting certification is a plus
- Workday Pro Financials certification is a plus
- Workday Pro Financial Reporting certification is a plus
- Workday Pro Absence certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or a related area is preferred
- 2 to 3 years of Workday configuration and HR experience required
- 2 to 3 years of experience in project management, project scheduling, quality assurance testing, preparing documentation and specifications, and technical writing
- A strong understanding of foundational organization structures, worker and staffing processes, and security in Workday
- Amazing communication skills and ability to collaborate with teams
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent problem identification, analysis, and solving skills
- High proficiency in making decisions by consistently proposing quality solutions and answers to issues by gathering extensive data, conducting research, and presenting a recommended solution to all parties involved
- Ability to quickly react and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to translate the technical requirements to business needs and vice versa
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including how to use Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, and other functions necessary to conduct ad-hoc data audits
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!