- Location: Plano
- Type: Contract
- Job #26516
Dallas based company is looking for an IT Business Analyst. This is a contract position.
The IT Business Analyst role is to gather and compile user requirements to convey to the development teams throughout the software lifecycle. The IT Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, systems design, implementation analysis, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure project deliverables are met according to specifications. The individual will play a pivotal role in ensuring development understands the business and functional system requirements. Though typically part of a team, sometimes may be delegated the role of project manager. As project manager, charged with making sure everyone on the team understands their accountability. Makes sure the project is completed within the defined budget and time lines.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in and may facilitate requirements gathering sessions and develops detailed business and functional system requirements. Create integrated project plans, implementation schedules, and cost estimates for applicable projects.
- Translate business and system functional requirements to clearly communicate targeted technical solutions via technical design specifications.
- Create system and end-user documentation to support new system implementation, incident management and enhancement implementation. Transfer knowledge to other team members as required.
- Develop testing and implementation plans. Coordinates and/or facilitates user acceptance testing by developing test scenarios, test cycles, participating as a tester, analyzing test results, maintain master list of identified issues and resolutions. Identify, scope, communicate, and manage change requests during the project development and implementation cycle.
- Collaborates with project team to keep project on schedule. Coordinate issue resolution efforts. Effectively coordinate and communicate issue resolution.
- Evaluates requests for system enhancements and works with resources and team members to provide estimates and timetables for completion.
- Conducts user orientation and training for the understanding and operation of systems.
- Establishes and maintains complete and detailed system development and maintenance documentation.
- Acts as a liaison with external service providers as needed.
- Participates in multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity, helping ensure that all work is accomplished efficiently and in accordance with project expectations.
- Works with existing organization’s defined general office application software standards, to include but not limited to:
- MS Windows 10
- MS Office 2016
- MS Office 2016
- Adobe Acrobat
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Includes any required computer skills, regulatory knowledge, certifications, licenses, languages, etc.)
Computers are used in all phases of this position. Must have a full understanding of the internet and how to facilitate effective internet searches. Use of Microsoft Office 2003 or higher, to include Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint. Use of company-proprietary on-line and local databases such as (but not limited to) BestProspects and BestTrack. Good oral and written communication skills to facilitate non-routine information exchanges using tact, confidentiality and persuasion as appropriate including the ability to read and write English. Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- 5+ years proven experience as a Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst skills
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Clear understanding of product management and market placement.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, organizing and managing resources.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- This work will take place primarily at the company’s offices in Plano, TX.
- Travel is not expected for this position.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!