- Location: Plano, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38075
North Dallas client is looking for a Lead QA Engineer. This is a direct hire position.
The Lead QA Engineer develops detailed test cases, test plans, test strategies, represents IT in project testing planning and strategy, and supervises the QA team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance and oversight of QA activities of the QA team and offshore QA resources
- Offer input and estimates into project planning regarding QA activities
- Lead and mentor QA engineers on the QA Team
- Develop detailed test cases, test plans and test strategies for the software engineering team.
- Work closely with software developers to ensure features/products achieve desired level of quality.
- Deliver quality products by thoroughly testing throughout all phases of development life cycle (functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance testing) using a combination of testing methods).
- Develop and execute automated and manual (black and grey box) tests for assigned test group.
- Create detailed, step-by-step documentation of test procedures for each phase of project to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Participate actively in understanding project plans and providing regular updates on milestones.
- Ensure the highest level of quality before go-live release on new configurations.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related Engineering field preferred
- Equivalent job experience may substitute for the required degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Five years of experience in quality assurance software engineering required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Knowledge of data validation processes.
- Knowledge of and experience in Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Skill and experience in working on large-scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Skill and experience in integration testing especially integrating several products.
- Skill in writing test plans and test cases.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with test personnel, users, developers, and clients to facilitate resolution of problems and accurate documentation of successes.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, maintain confidentiality, and act in a diplomatic manner.
- English proficiency, both verbal and written, is required.
About The InSource Group: When you are looking for a new career opportunity, you need an advocate with strong connections within the best companies. The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists like you, to some of the nation's most prominent companies, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500. The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. We will assist you with your resume and interviewing techniques as well as provide you background information on the companies and people you choose to interview with. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set, culture preference and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.