- Location: Plano, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27615
Dallas client is looking for a Manager Software Engineering (front end). This is a direct hire position.
- Work closely with fellow engineers, designers, PMs, curriculum designers, and educators to continuously improve our multiple generations’ learning and professional development products that will delight our learners.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to analyze needs and gain a deep understanding of requirements.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to continuously manage trade-offs between evolving scope and specs, resources, and time for each product iteration.
- Manage a team of frontend engineers.
- Contribute to the code base and ensure code and processes adhere to clean code practices and industry best practices.
- Build and lead a high-performance team that thrives in an Agile development environment. Foster an environment of experimentation and continual improvement through regular Innovation Sprints, technical debt reduction and a forward-thinking architectural runway.
- Use extensive management skills and experience to develop technical and managerial leadership skills and create a vibrant culture of mutual support and motivation.
- Demonstrated “servant leader” mentality adept at maximizing team performance in an engineering setting, including coaching, consulting, mentoring, and fostering the development of professional relationship-building skills.
- Ability to lead effective teams in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to form strong cross-functional partnerships
- Strong heterogeneous technical stack know-how and demonstrated technical leadership with
- 6+ years of experience building web applications.
- 5+ years of increasing leadership responsibilities with management of teams from 5 to 10
- Ability to write and review well-abstracted, reusable code for all backend components
- Experience working in an Agile or SAFe development environment
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and guide team in career growth and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Ability to work effectively between departments to make good trade-offs between engineering discipline and pragmatic solutions.
- Passion for guiding others to collective success more than personal achievement
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!