- Location: Plano, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #26456
North Dallas company is looking for an experienced Mobile/UI Developer to lead a cross-functional project.
The Senior Mobile Developer’s main responsibility is to design and develop the mobile Application for use on Android devices. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for building high quality, mobile product, a curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways, and compassion when working with multiple internal team members to accomplish a shared vision. Some one who also possess a good level of communication to foster collaboration and partnership across a variety of team members.
Defining customer experience
- Work with Business Analyst, UX Designer and Business Teams and contribute towards customer experience in the tool
- Collaborate with the creative and UX teams and during the creation screens and wireframes.
- Contribute towards identifying how to improve the customer's experience in a phased approach
- Use data and prototypes to test concepts and theories
Choose the best technical solution
- Work closely with the tech lead and solutions architects to analyze possible technical solutions for business needs.
- Develop a solution that is optimized for device resource utilization (Memory, CPU, Battery, Network).
- Work with UX team in identifying and creating global components that can be reused.
- Using Agile principles; create features and stories to guide development and implementation of the chosen solution
- When required develop code (Proof Of Concept) to test concepts and theories
- Strong focus on software quality via developer level testing and test automation
- Contribute towards design review and approval process and follow up to closure
Ensure project execution is smooth and on time
- Raise potential scope/technical issues to the team
- Estimate work and be accountable for delivering on tasks and communicate that in a timely fashion.
- Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release phases
Ensure the project's success when launched
- Research competitors and issues in the market that may hinder success
- Work with Marketing and Pricing teams to compete in the market
- Coordinate with Operations and Communications teams to ensure proper use and support of the solution
- Work with Technology Support teams to monitor and ensure the robustness of the solution
Create a solution that the support team can support
- Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
- Do the required knowledge transfer to the support team.
This role will work closely with IT and Business teams.
- Enterprise Architects
- Scrum Team
- Data Team
- Digital Team
- 8+ years of experience with Mobile App Development using Native Android and React Native.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
- Good understanding of cloud-based application deployment
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum methodology
- Self-Organize and must be able to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to broad audiences.
- Deep experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available and maintainable mobile applications.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Extensive experience and deep knowledge of Native Android Mobile Development
- Experience with hybrid apps using ReactNative and ES6 is preferred
- Experience with Android Material Design.
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Good working knowledge of implementing micros services, web services, RESTful interfaces
- Experience with Java 8+ and related frameworks
- Experience with Firebase and Fabric.
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, client architecture or tools in the mobile space.
- Knowledge in UI design principles and making apps work
- Experience with caching mechanisms
- Experience with optimizing app for hardware resource utilization.
- Experience with native features like GPS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope etc.
- Experience with offline data storage and syncing back.
- Experience with bundling and distribution of enterprise internal applications.
- Experience with the publishing process for Google app store
- Deep knowledge of OOD methodology, responsive design.
- Experience with Unit Testing.
- Experience with NPM, Gradle, Git .
- Knowledge of relational databases and noSQL databases, preferably with MongoDB.
- Experience with MDM solutions.
- Experience with Security Integration using JWT Tokens.
- Experience with Agile Tools and technologies.
- Experience with DevOps Tools (CircleCI, Buildmaster, Sonar, AWS Code Pipeline is preferred).
- Knowledge of web security vulnerabilities, such as XSS, CSRF etc.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!