- Location: Coppell, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27043
Dallas company is seeking a senior software development team member who exemplifies the iterative Agile approach to produce frequent high quality software deliveries.
The position will assist in developing proprietary applications designed in cutting edge Cloud Computing technologies using C# on .Net framework, WCF/REST, JSON, XML, and Object Oriented Design. The ideal candidate will need to be a fast learner, work well with an experienced team, and balance technology with business operations.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of putting themselves in challenging situations and excelling.
- Work with an experienced software development team, executing all aspects of software development life cycle, designing and developing software for new features, enhancements, bug-fixes as well as eliminating technical debt through refactoring and upgrades to new technologies.
- Work closely with the R&D Management, Technical Lead, Business Analysts, Scrum Master and others to identify tasks and schedules to meet project deadlines.
- Create high quality software deliverables, unit testing and working closely with QA to address defects as they arise throughout the development cycle.
- Support the team through good Agile SCRUM processes, actively engaged in creating stories, backlog grooming of work and assist in all aspects of the Sprint planning process.
- Strong Microsoft SQL experience writing and modifying stored procedures and mining data from a large data set.
- Implement software that meets the stated requirements using web technologies in the Microsoft stack and delivered in the Amazon AWS cloud.
- Excellent software development background with an understanding of C#, .NET Frameworks
- Firm understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Superb Excel skills and PC Proficiency (Windows, Outlook, MS Office)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This role does not have supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or experience equivalent)
- 7+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server with Entity Framework and/or LINQ. Comfortable with complex stored procedures, managing/mining large data sets, and tuning requests to optimize database performance.
- 5+ years of experience with REST, JSON
- 3+ years working in an Agile, continuous integration, development team designing, developing, and delivering high quality cloud based software.
- Ability to quickly assess and react to changing circumstances and new information.
Detail oriented and thorough in organizing technical information and tasks.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (or experience equivalent)
- Experience in NoSQL or other advanced large data storage storage technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Dev Ops
- Familiar with AWS, Lambda, or serverless technologies
- Understanding of Octopus Deploy setup and configuration
Experience working in a distributed team, consisting of development, QA, and support
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!