- Location: Arlington
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26344
Under general direction, the Database Administrator performs administration of Oracle databases in support of mission critical applications. The DBA works within a team of DBA's whose primary responsibilities include providing database administration for production databases, production Oracle application servers, and several development databases. The DBA designs, implements, and maintains complex databases and manages the integration of databases with applications.
- Install database server software.
- Design and build databases, schemas, stored procedures, and other database objects.
- Set up routine database backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform database recoveries.
- Tune databases for performance. Monitor database performance trends.
- Assist developers and end-users with database usage, query development, and tuning.
- Develop operating system scripts to automate backups, data transfers, monitoring, etc.
- Install and support the database components of packaged database applications.
- Support database connectivity from client applications.
- Design and implement database security schemas. Install routine security related patches.
- Provides direction to less senior DBA’s. Assists associate and intermediate DBA’s with complex database tasks.
- Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database administration.
- Knowledge of logical, physical, and data-warehouse modeling is desired.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.
- UNIX scripting knowledge is important.
- Thorough knowledge of SQL.
- PL/SQL knowledge is desirable.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Extensive experience performing RDBMS software installation, database creation, database sizing, establishment of backup and recovery procedures and scripts, database performance tuning.
- Extensive knowledge of administering Oracle databases in a LINUX environment. (IBM AIX a plus.)
- Must have experience with Oracle RMAN, ASM Data Guard and OEM.
- Experience with RAC and Goldengate is desirable.
- Oracle Exadata experience preferred.
- High School Diploma the proper experience can be substituted for education required
- Bachelor’s Degree ?the proper experience can be substituted for education preferred
- 5-7 years overall experience in Information Systems with Oracle database administration experience required