- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #27624
North Dallas client is looking for a PHP Backend Engineer.
The Backend Software Engineer will work closely with other developers and project managers in a fast-paced environment to create and maintain marketing applications for both clients and internal business. This position involves deploying new solutions and maintenance of existing applications that are supported by the development team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build digital solutions with expert server-side coding skills
- Perform analysis of all received documentation and architectural diagrams
- Participate in requirement, design, estimation, and configuration working sessions
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or another technical field.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing software applications using PHP
- Strong experience with SQL/ RDBMS, database design, writing and tuning queries.
- Experience with structured PHP approaches and frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, composer, doctrine)
- Experience with API development and testing, both client and server side
- Experience with test-driven development and structured unit testing approaches
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and work on a team
- Experience with configuring and operating web servers (apache, nginx)
- Familiarity with networking, caching, CMS and CDN technologies.
- Experience writing scripts using Python, Unix Shell (bash), or perl
- Working knowledge of cloud platform PaaS and SaaS (AWS, Azure)
- Working knowledge of serverless approaches, nosql,
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, JIRA, CI/CD, DevOps, and SDLC concepts
- This primarily a PHP position, but strong J2EE experience will be considered with interest.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!