- Location: Dallas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26846
Dallas based company is looking for a Principal Java Developer. This is a fulltime position.
A Principal Software Engineer has a pivotal role in the leadership, definition, design, and implementation of our award-winning products.
Essential Job Functions:
• Designs and implements Java/Spring applications
• Reviews and develops requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing
• Collaborate with our team of educational application designers, graphic artists, back end systems engineers, QA and operational teams to ensure the timely delivery of high value educational software products
• Demonstrates strong communication and inter-personal skills to negotiate different perspectives and goals
• Holds themselves to a high standard of quality and works with the broader team to ensure that the products meet those standards
• Works independently on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs, and deadlines
• Troubleshoot problems of a complex nature
• Supports systems that he/she has, and has not implemented
• Keeps informed of technical advances and proposes changes based on newer technology
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum of eight years of software engineering experience
• Minimum of five years of software engineering experience building multi-tier enterprise applications
• Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated track record of designing, developing and delivering modern web-based applications based on Java, Spring, and relational database systems
• Experience with building RESTful or JSONRPC services
• Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Git and Nexus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Greater than 10 years engineering experience
• Experience with OAUTH
• Experience with distributed caching
• Experience with MS SQL Server 2014+
• Experience with Angular.io, React, or other similar JS libraries
• Advanced degree
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!