- Location: Irving, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #27514
Growing Supply Chain organization is looking for a Procurement Specialist role to work with critical clients in the management of supplies.
Manages backorder triage and late open purchase orders by documenting and resolving product delivery exceptions working with the member and supplier to coordinate timely delivery of supplies needed for patient care. Will assist team members as needed with ad hoc member requests regarding open requisitions or PO's.
Job Posting Title: Procurement Specialist
Job Description Summary:
While providing best-in-class customer service, team member will manage all or part of the lifecycle of the PO from order placement to receipt and all associated activities. Responsibilities include and are not limited to validating member requisitions and requests, transmitting order to supplier, confirming order with supplier, backorder management and order receipt management.
In this role, you will process and validate purchase orders and requests made by customers who subscribe to Vizient Centralized Purchasing Services. In order to be successful in this role, you should have an eye for detail, the ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks, and have strong organizational skills.
- Convert requisitions to purchase orders.
- Place purchase orders via EDI, fax, email and verbally.
- Ensure all purchase orders are confirmed and noted in ERP system in compliance with client Service line agreements.
- Document and update tracking tool daily.
- Review non-file requisition items to determine if an Item Master number was assigned.
- Process rush/overnight orders as requested, communicating confirmation information to each requester, and document rush order details in set time frame.
- Escalate contract and availability issues to next level personnel for orders processed or finalized by a method other than EDI or through TM.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- No prior work experience required.
- Medical procurement experience preferred.
- Experience working within ERP systems preferred.
About The InSource Group:
The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists to some of the area's most prominent companies. We are looking for candidates who can make an immediate, positive impact when placed with our clients.
The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully, our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.