- Location: Dallas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #26664
Dallas company is looking for a Product Manager. This is a fulltime hire.
The Product Manager is strategically focused and is responsible for managing relationships, collaborating with key stakeholders, and influencing decisions across the various business units – including customers and potential customers. The product manager will work closely with the product development team to influence new ideas, drive product modifications, and construct requirements documents.
The product manager will acquire a strong knowledge of the K-12 education market, specially focused on the science of reading and structured literacy and assessments. The product manager will have both technical experience and communication skills, which help facilitate both internal conversations with the development team and external conversations with customers and the market. In addition, the product manager has the ability to listen for market problems, the ability to define solutions for the market, and the ability to share a vision and help turn the vision into product definitions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be the expert on the product, as well as the expert on the customer
- Develops and maintains business proposals for new products and enhancements to existing products
- Owns product backlog tracking, management, and communication
- Owns pricing, licensing, product configuration, including accounting system items and special requests
- Demonstrates product capabilities and value proposition to external and internal stakeholders
- Analyzes customer and market feedback to identify potential opportunities
- Owns the vision and roadmap of the product
- Attends meeting with target market customers and prospects to gather market requirements
- Develops an understanding of the competitive landscape and key market influencers
- Helps to develop personas, use cases, user stories, and requirement documents to help define a differentiated product
- Collaborates with professional development, editorial, and marketing teams
- Drives customer validation through beta programs, client meetings, confirming requirements are addressed by the delivered solution
- Converts technical positioning into key market messages/positioning statements for product launch
- Works with contractors, 3rd parties, and/or interns to help with market analysis and research and/or support efforts with marketing and sales
Additional Job Functions:
- Works with development and marketing to ensure user analytics are appropriately embedded, tracked, and analyzed
- Works with development and marketing to deliver digital assets in support of marketing and digital engagement, such as interactive demos, trials/evaluations, and user forums/communities
- Prepares product release notes and distributes to organization
- Works closely with subject matter experts and authors
- Strong background in structured literacy and the science of reading
- 5+ years of product management experience in the K-12 education market- nice to have
- Experience with JIRA, Aha!, or related product roadmapping and project management tools
- Experience with Salesforce to assist in analysis of sales projections and data analysis
- Strong writer and public speaker
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years K-12 education experience, preferably in a K-8 classroom/school or district
- High degree of technical experience balanced with creativity and passion for building products
- Metrics driven with strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- MBA preferred
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III or higher
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!