- Location: Texas
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #27755
DFW client is looking for a Program Manager. This is a contract to hire position.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategy and Portfolio Management, the Program Manager is a critical position on the team that is responsible for ensuring that assigned strategic programs, projects and processes are aligned for effective and efficient deployment. The Program Manager position maintains complete control over project schedules, budget adherence, and risk issues for strategic programs and their subsidiary projects. The Program Manager facilitates timely decisions, provides management with regular project updates, identifies project risks early, and assists by providing timely recommendations for risk avoidance. The Program Manager will also define the program’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The Program Manager is responsible for providing end-to-end planning, oversight, and orchestration of support in order to ensure the program of interrelated projects is delivered on-time, on-scope, and on-budget and meet the program's business goals. A program's subsidiary projects can often be complex and include a mix of development, infrastructure, and process improvement initiatives.
- Create and manage project plans, risk mitigation plans, communication plans, resource requirements, project costs, and all other project management-related documentation.
- Develop and review estimates and estimating assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience.
- Validate that assigned BAs gather requirements using approved documentation.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, facilitation and direction of program activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation and change control processes, and communicate status to senior management and cross-functional stakeholders within the Technology and business organizations.
- Ensure accurate and timely information is collected from the program's Scrum and project teams and reported regularly to provide transparency and visibility into the program's progress and financial status.
- Collaborate closely with the business owners/stakeholders and technical teams to identify and document detailed requirements, process flows, and data sources. This includes reporting to a broad audience including executives and team members across the business, technology, and cross-functional support groups.
- Review and manage all changes to the requirements through a formally defined scope change process.
- Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Successfully manage large strategic programs that entail coordination across multiple development teams and business groups.
- Will be accountable for the delivery of large programs that consist of multiple projects
- Develop and deliver a wide variety of stakeholder presentations representing the business and technical teams.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, flexibility and adaptability to changes in role and responsibilities as required.
- Provide program and project teams with expertise, direction, motivation, and encouragement.
- Lead by example, embrace teamwork, and promote a culture of openness and flexibility.
- Ensure all program activities and deliverables are fully in compliance with the company’s Program Management Office methodologies, where required.
- Possess strong Leadership skills; the ability to lead a team to consensus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Facilitates daily stand-up, iteration planning, sprint review, and iteration retrospective
- Manage the engineering development projects and facilitates sprint releases
- Create or analyze business requirements documents and project timelines
- Guides team in time estimating practices and facilitates team estimates
- Drive team iteration execution, communicates with management and stakeholders, protects the team from uncontrolled injection of work (changes are evaluated/intentional)
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at a high performance
- Work with the team leads to resolve people problems and project roadblocks
- Able to do postmortem and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity
- Leads team effort in relentless improvement, define and implement improvement stories to increase the velocity and quality of the program
- Implement and support principles, rules and processes
- Proactively identify and eliminate impediments and facilitate flow
- Maintain team data in project management software (i.e. JIRA, Manuscript, etc.) to support estimates and execution
- Presents high level project readouts for senior management
- Supports product owner(s) with intra-team dynamics with respect to priorities and scope
- Bachelor (4-year) degree.
- Ten (10) years of responsible experience in applications and/or infrastructure projects involving multiple computer subsystems, including three (3) years of Senior Project Manager responsibility.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience using Agile methodologies and toolsets (e.g. Jira)
- Knowledge and understanding of various project management applications, methods and methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, RUP, XP, etc…)
- Demonstrable expertise of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams’ needs
- An understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning
- Expert coach on implementation of agile scrum
- Complexity/problem-solving skills.
- Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues
- PMP, CSPO, CSM certifications are a plus
- Six Sigma certification a plus
About The InSource Group: When you are looking for a new career opportunity, you need an advocate with strong connections within the best companies. The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists like you, to some of the nation's most prominent companies, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500. The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. We will assist you with your resume and interviewing techniques as well as provide you background information on the companies and people you choose to interview with. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set, culture preference and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.