- Location: Texas
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #27761
DFW client is looking for a Project Manager/Scrum Master. This is a contract to hire position.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategy and Portfolio Management, the Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master (“Senior Project Manager”) maintains complete control over project schedules, budget adherence, and risk issues for their respective projects. The Senior Project Manager facilitates timely decisions, provides management with regular project updates, identifies project risks early, and assists by providing timely recommendations for risk avoidance. The Senior Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The Senior Project Manager is chief responsible is to effectively and efficiently manage the development sprints from planning to execution to review in an agile development environment. Your role will include running daily scrums, managing the product backlog, collaborating on requirement documentation, managing support tickets and unblocking barriers to keep the team moving.
The Senior Project Manager mentors junior and mid-level staff for both project and developmental growth. He/she evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring fresh ideas to their respective projects.
A Senior Project Manager is the glue that keeps a project moving, on schedule, and under budget. The vast majority of time spent being a project manager is communicating with everyone involved in the project, ensuring that everyone is on the same page. They anticipate problems before they occur and find ways to accomplish project goals regardless of changing circumstances. A senior project manager does all this and is expected have a high level of experience and abilities along these lines.
Sr. Project Manager Role
· Create and manage project plans, risk mitigation plans, communication plans, resource requirements, project costs, and all other project management-related documentation.
· Develop and review estimates and estimating assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience.
· Validate that assigned BAs gather requirements using approved documentation.
· Identify and communicate project risks to the project team and business leaders.
· Perform day-to-day management of all phases of the project, including requirements gathering, design, development, test, and deployment.
· Collaborate closely with the business owners/stakeholders and technical teams to identify and document detailed requirements, process flows, and data sources.
· Review and manage all changes to the requirements through a formally defined scope change process.
· Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
· Possess strong Leadership skills; the ability to lead a team to consensus.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Facilitates daily stand-up, iteration planning, sprint review, and iteration retrospective
· Manage the engineering development projects and facilitates sprint releases
· Create or analyze business requirements documents and project timelines
· Guides team in time estimating practices and facilitates team estimates
· Drive team iteration execution, communicates with management and stakeholders, protects the team from uncontrolled injection of work (changes are evaluated/intentional)
· Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at a high performance
· Work with the team leads to resolve people problems and project roadblocks
· Able to do postmortem and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity
· Leads team effort in relentless improvement, define and implement improvement stories to increase the velocity and quality of the program
· Implement and support principles, rules and processes
· Proactively identify and eliminate impediments and facilitate flow
· Maintain team data in project management software (i.e. JIRA, Manuscript, etc.) to support estimates and execution
· Presents high level project readouts for senior management
· Supports product owner(s) with intra-team dynamics with respect to priorities and scope
- Bachelor (4-year) degree.
- Eight (8) years of responsible experience in applications analysis project involving multiple computer subsystems, including four (4) years’ worth of leading sprints or project leader responsibility.
- Demonstrable expertise of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Efficient use of various project tools, including Jira, etc.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams’ needs
- An understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning
- Expert coach on implementation of agile scrum
- Passionate commitment to delivering products on time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Complexity/problem-solving skills.
- Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues
- PMP, CSPO, CSM certifications are a plus
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Knowledge of the connected vehicle market.