- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #27181
Tarrant county client looking to hire a QA Analyst to a long term contract.
You will be working under the direction of the QA Manager. Your job will be to help improve the quality of our software in the shortest amount of time. This includes designing and executing tests, troubleshooting software problems, monitoring and maintaining lab infrastructure, software configuration management (ex. make software builds), field support, documenting software behavior with the assistance of a technical writer, etc.
Much of your work will be manual testing at the user interface level. The group operates informally and with less documentation than would like, so you will often be required to help ferret out requirements and design tests for them. Candidate must enjoy the challenge of a fast paced, technically complex project. Schedule is challenging but this is not a death march. Overtime is not normal and unlikely, and all the work is expected to be completed at the office and labs. Candidates are expected to be in the office during core hours (8am-5pm).
Qualifications: MUST HAVE
* 7 years progressively responsible experience in software quality assurance developing and executing test plans and test cases.
* Extensive experience writing manual test cases for and testing desktop applications (i.e., client), websites, and embedded system hardware.
* Experience with Linux command line testing.
* Experience and willingness to troubleshoot problems by analyzing logs.
* Experience with configuration management and source code control.
* Experience working in (and enjoys) a low process, medium documentation, high productivity team.
* Experience and willingness to be a team player, working with and helping other team members, and seeking their knowledge and assistance as necessary.
* Candidate must be a dynamic self-starter who can excel with limited direction. We are not looking for a tester who just wants to run manual or automated tests prepared by someone else. We need someone who can plan testing by engaging different stakeholders and development (including researching of requirements or other sources of information), designing and executing tests, and reporting results, with and without additional staff support, in order to make the biggest improvement possible in software quality.
The following experience is a plus:
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio (VS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
* Experience with Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), creating new test cases, test case execution and bug status.
* Experience with SQL, especially MS-SQL.
* Experience with PuTTY,
Candidates are required to have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field. Candidates without such a degree but with exceptional extensive professional experience may be considered, but a degree is preferred.
About The InSource Group:
The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists to some of the area's most prominent companies. We are looking for candidates who can make an immediate, positive impact when placed with our clients.
The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully, our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.