- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #27308
Tarrant county client is looking for a QA Analyst. They are a software development team (currently 20+ people) working on implementing and testing software. We develop and test both server and client .NET applications, ASP.NET web sites, and embedded software.
You will be working under the direction of our QA Managers. Your job will be to help improve the quality of our software in the shortest amount of time. This includes designing and executing tests, troubleshooting software problems, monitoring and maintaining lab infrastructure, software configuration management (ex. make software builds), production support, escaped defect root-cause analysis, etc.
Part of your work will be manual testing at the user interface level. Our software development cycle is hybrid and we operate with less documentation than we would like, so you will often be required to help ferret out requirements and design tests for them. Candidate must enjoy the challenge of a fast paced, technically complex project. Our schedule is challenging but this is not a death march. Overtime is not normal and unlikely, and most of the work is expected to be completed at the office and/or labs. Candidates are expected to be in the office during core hours (8am-5pm) since we own, manage, and test equipment in our labs.
* 10 years progressively responsible experience in software quality assurance, developing and executing test plans and test cases.
* Extensive experience writing manual test cases for and testing desktop applications (i.e. client), websites.
* Experience writing test cases for embedded system hardware.
* Experience and willingness to troubleshoot problems, including analyzing logs for errors and message flows.
* Experience with configuration management.
* Experience working in (and enjoys) a medium documentation, high productivity team.
* Experience and willingness to be a team player, working with and helping other team members, and seeking their knowledge and assistance as necessary.
* Experience with Azure DevOps Server.
* Experience with Azure DevOps Test Plan, creating new test cases, test case execution and software defect management.
* Experience with SQL, especially MS-SQL.
* Candidate must be a dynamic self-starter who can excel with limited direction. We are not looking for a tester who just wants to run manual or automated tests prepared by someone else. We need someone who can plan testing by engaging different stakeholders and development (including researching of requirements or other sources of information), designing and executing tests, and reporting results, with and without additional staff support, in order to make the biggest improvement possible in software quality.
The following experience is a plus:
* Linux experience.
* Automation experience.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!