- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27490
Dallas client is looking for a Sr. QA Automation Engineer. This is a direct hire position.
The ideal candidate will help us build a culture that believes everybody owns quality and that our customers and partners come first. Must have a passion for leveraging test automation to deliver high-quality solutions to market faster with better quality. Hands-on development, coach, and evangelist, the candidate will influence and guide agile development teams toward Quality Engineering within a DevOps culture.
Help us shift left by leveraging culture, tools, frameworks, design patterns, and processes. Create automated tests that accelerate new features to market with improved product quality. The role will also ensure that the department is kept abreast of new technology, tools, and trends within the industry and influence adoption where appropriate.
What you will be doing:
- Mentor team members on test automation best practices, implementations, and design.
- Complete code reviews of test automation across all levels of the test pyramid
- Work alongside Product Owners, Developers, and fellow QA team members to plan test automation and architectural evolution for new and existing products.
- Understands and can apply practices of risk-driven exploratory testing.
- Evaluate and inform automation solutions for current manual testing suites.
- Collaborate with the development team to architect and develop automation testing practices, tools, and solutions
- Influence other teams to encourage adoption of the above automation testing practices, tools, and solutions.
- Create and maintain automated regression, smoke, and feature-focused test suites.
- Define test plans and create test scenarios and cases for web services, user interfaces, and backend systems.
- Create and maintain test data for use with automated and manual testing.
- Create and organize test documentation to provide audit and traceability reporting.
- Troubleshoot and analyze test failures and drive resolutions.
- Communicate ideas, issues, status, and outcomes as needed with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Evaluate tools/technologies to continue enhancing the automation framework.
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing stable and maintainable automation frameworks and test data management systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how test automation fits within the Agile workflow.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how test automation fits into an automated deployment pipeline (quality gates, CI/CD, deployment verification, etc.)
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Agile/XP methodologies
- Demonstrate knowledge of Selenium, JMeter, BlazeMeter, or comparable testing tools
- Demonstrate proficiency in Java-based test frameworks such as TestNG, Junit, Selenium, etc.
- Knowledge of API/REST testing, test frameworks, and tools such as Postman, Swagger, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of QA testing: unit, functional, integration, end to end, user interface, smoke, load, performance, and security testing (SAST, DAST, etc.)
- Basic competency with Git Source Control
- Exposure to Quality tracking tools such as HP QC or Azure DevOps(TFS)
- Knowledge of SQL queries. NoSQL DBs such as MongoDB, Cosmo is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!