- Location: Plano, Texas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27612
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager.
You will be giving guidance on technology, testing strategy, and working cross-functionally to ensure high quality products will be deployed to our customers. You will work alongside subject matter experts in the field to make sure all product content is reviewed, implemented, and displayed properly across multiple platforms. In addition, you will need to be comfortable in this hands-on position as this role includes, developing and implementing test cases, writing scripts, and entering, verifying, and closing defects and enhancements in order to allow our team to be successful. You should enjoy testing, managing, and working alongside your team members while setting the example for the rest of the QA department.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Hands on manager who sets the example for the rest of the team
- Work with cross-functional teams and offshore resources
- Able to work on multiple products at the same time
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action processes
- Develop test strategies, test cases, and execution plans
- Write and execute acceptance tests
- Create bug reports and oversee resolution
- Create and monitor test execution schedules over multiple platforms and devices
- Access the DB layer and search for errors outside of the UI
- Defines, schedules, and helps execute the appropriate level of functional, regression, and smoke tests on products to ensure a high quality software release
- Define career goals and encourage growth among the QA team
- BS in Computer Science or related field experience
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of Database experience (SQL Server, MySQL)
- 2+ years experience managing a QA team
- Experience testing web and tablet based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Experience estimating testing and automation efforts from design sketches
- Proven experience reporting on quality issues in interaction with development and support
- Experience working within Agile development environments
- Proficiency with cross-platform and cross-browser testing
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Knowledge of Agile development practices
- Ability to write and maintain performance scripts (jmeter)
- Experience with test management systems, specifically Zephyr.
- Experience with Selenium Automation Framework
- Tablet testing experience with web applications
- Experience with JIRA to create and track issues within multiple products
- Strong spreadsheet skills
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!