- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Type: Contract
- Job #27281
Fort Worth client is looking for a Release & Deployment Analyst. This is a Contractor Position.
Successful candidate will support Positive Train Control (PTC) software, configurations and database releases with a focus on system reliability and stability. Successful candidate should be able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities. They will also manage a significant workload, work to remove barriers, and push to achieve results. Candidate will be self-motivated, possess strong time management skills and work exceptionally well within a team.
A successful candidate will also be able to communicate well verbally and written between different levels of management. A STRONG COORDINATOR would be good for this!
• 24/7 Hours of Service Position
• Requires knowledge and experience with Microsoft products (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point). Excel pivot charts, graphs, formulas
• Experience with Remedy, Notepad++, PuTTy, and Sharepoint site maintenance
• Experience with PTC, NMS, TMDS ViewClient is a plus
• Excellent understanding of product release methodologies (including familiarity with ITIL's Release and Deployment Management process)
• Skills in troubleshooting computer system problems, reading and analyzing logs to find root causes of issues, etc.
• Ability to take in information from many different sources and determine how they relate to each other to determine where the problem lies
• Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and other investigative procedures
• Develop and follow processes to prevent incidents from happening and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
• Communicate information about known errors and workarounds
• Release the pre-planned communications about the change to all stakeholders
• Ensure the release controls are documented and well understood by support teams
• Ensure that a detailed deployment plan has been documented along with a backout plan should anything go wrong during a deployment
• Ensure that stakeholders are properly notified and prepared for release
• Coordinate the change, ensure the environment is stable after change
• Validate that the product has been correctly packaged before deployment and ensure that all release controls have been satisfied
• Perform root cause analysis for escalated incidents
• Reliable, prompt and a self-starter
• Highly motivated and able to work mostly independently & as team player(high priority)
• Self-starter who works effectively & well under pressure
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong time management and problem solving skills
• Applicant must maintain open communication with peers, team members, and business partners. Appropriate escalation of issues and risks to the Manager is critical.
• Build constructive relationships with team members, business partners and vendors
Willingness to learn and take instruction
Able to effectively function in stressful situations
Being able to work well and constructively within a team environment is very important
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!