- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27707
Growing National Supply Chain Logistics employer is growing in support of an enterprise wide technology replatforming effort.
Primary objective of this position is to design and develop automated testing for software quality assurance efforts contributing to the quality release of all the company's products.
This position requires a talented Software Developer who demonstrates an advanced level of technical abilities and depth of technical and testing knowledge.
The position will have complete ownership of the test suite and continually looks for ways to improve test coverage.
This position requires having a proven track record of delivering quality projects within very tight deadlines.
As a Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) you will:
• Lead, coordinate, track, and report on test automation activities
• Initiate and lead internal quality process and standards improvement initiatives
• Develop automated tests for APIs, Web and mobile applications
• Develop automated tests that can be used to rigorously test systems and applications
• Create supporting documentation, including test plans, use cases, bugs, and status reports
• Implement an automated testing approach that is easily maintained and developed with code re-use in mind.
• Devise, develop, and implement automated testing for CI/CD
• Plan, design, develop, and execute automated tests ensuring thorough coverage and exhaustive testing of all software system components to ensure compliance with functional/system specifications
• Identify software quality risks and anticipate potential software problems at the earliest possible instance
• Communicate automated test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders
• Self-motivated, ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance test automation best practices
• Provide feedback on functional and technical designs and specifications
• Identify and classify defects for review and work with product owners to determine course of action
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of hands-on experience with:
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills (C# and Java)
- Selenium, BDD Cucumber frameworks
- Expertise in API testing tools such as Postman, REST-Assured
- Ability create & maintain CI/CD pipelines. Good knowledge on GitHub Actions and Workflows
- Mobile test automation (Appium)
- Experience in UI automation using Cypress
• Experience working with Cloud environments – preferably AWS
• Highly proficient SQL and Database skills
• Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems in unfamiliar areas
• Experience in working in an agile environment with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines
• Knowledge of the complete SDLC and have knowledge of test processes, planning, and reporting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
About The InSource Group:
The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists to some of the area's most prominent companies. We are looking for candidates who can make an immediate, positive impact when placed with our clients.
The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully, our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.