- Location: Fort Worth
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27170
The Solutions Architect role focuses on collaboration and problem solving, ensuring that technology systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users.
The Solution Architect's primary focus is to work in conjunction with project teams to assist in systems design requiring integration with existing applications, systems, and/or platforms.
The SA may be called upon to facilitate cross systems or platform discussions, develop specifications, and contribute to reusable design approaches.
The Solutions Architect requires knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep. To be effective the SA must have experience in application, data, infrastructure and cloud architectures, and be comfortable with complex systems design. The SA must be a senior technologist who has been in design and implementation leadership roles on multiple projects throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The SA must be able to clearly and concisely communicate ideas and share information with executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in the vernacular of each group. It is imperative that the members of the Architecture team collaborate with business representatives and technical project teams, enabling effective and efficient solutions that align with the business objectives. The SA role will work to set and align architectural direction with business strategies. It is advantageous that this person has performed a variety of different roles within technology organizations and understands the intricacies of launching a production system.
What will you be doing?
- Own the architecture and design for all the features that belong to an assigned subject area
- Collaborate with technical, project, and business stakeholders to solve business needs and ensure solution architecture is aligned with business drivers
- Drive architectural processes that enables effective delivery of non-functional requirements
- Produce high level system designs and facilitate necessary conversations to support the implementation
- Participate in design reviews to assist in ensuring uniform enterprise application design standards
- Provide consultation and strategic direction within assigned area of expertise
- Help to develop, maintain, and communicate the enterprise application framework
- Participate in development and review of the Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan for solutions in area of responsibility
- Participate in industry forums and proactively evaluate technology market trends for area of responsibility
- Ensure that all systems and architectural documentation are kept up to date with current and future states
- Initiate and facilitate proofs of concept to assess new technology, where and when applicable
What skills/qualifications do you need?
- College Degree in computer science or information systems preferred
- 6-8 years of progressive experience in a technology environment, including application development
- 2-3 years of experience in implementation of CRM platforms like salesforce
- 3-5 years of experience with systems analysis and design
- 2-3 years of experience in a leadership role (team lead, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design major architectural aspects of an application covering all areas of architectural domains (Application, middleware/services, data, infrastructure and Cloud)
- Self-motivated with strong sense of accountability, initiative, and the ability to work collaboratively to attain results that meet the business needs
- Strong understanding of network, computing infrastructure, software, and application development environments
- Must have strong technical knowledge around CRM implementations like Salesforce, systems and data integration along with cloud enablement
About The InSource Group:
The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists to some of the area's most prominent companies. We are looking for candidates who can make an immediate, positive impact when placed with our clients.
The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully, our client satisfaction on placements is greater than 99 percent.