- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27301
Nashville based client is seeking a seasoned SQL Database Engineer to design table structures, develop ETLs for data migration and warehousing, configure replication, consult with software engineers on proper query writing, and stored procedures, recommend future tooling and database technologies and mentor junior SQL database engineers. All work is performed in Microsoft SQL and Azure environments, with some exposure to AWS RDS.
This role offers a significant opportunity to an experienced motivated professional who desires to increase their skill set while making a noticeable impact on company growth. This role has a strong position of influence with the data tier design of company solutions.
Some of the specific duties of the role are as follows:
1. Design, develop and modify data models, databases table structures and DB schemas.
2. Design and implement optimized SQL replication.
3. Analyze large data sets to determine possible inefficiencies.
4. Debug poor performing queries and data migration errors.
5. Create and modify ETLs designed to merge and migrate customer data into more efficient layouts.
6. Create reporting solutions for real-time and historical reports. Includes the use of one or more industry leading reporting tools.
7. Monitor database performance and implement solutions to performance issues.
8. Mentor junior SQL database engineers.
9. Contribute to the design of company next generation data warehouse utilizing advanced technologies beyond the Microsoft stack.
– 5+ years of experience in relational database design, development, support and maintenance of MS SQL databases.
– Hands-on experience with MS SQL Server, SSMS, SSIS, and SSRS.
– Significant experience with conceptual, Logical and Physical data modeling.
– Strong development skills with Microsoft SQL Server, including advanced features.
– Experience working with software engineers to ensure good SQL coding practices, reviewing code, and addressing bugs.
– Use of source control systems, preferably TFS.
– Experience with SQL AlwaysOn availability groups is a plus.
– Experience with Azure is a plus.
– A self-starter who succeeds by researching solutions and solving problems.
– A love for the outdoors and outdoor activities.
– Must be able to work in the company’s office in Nashville, TN, but this position allows for work at home days each week.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!