- Location: Dallas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27472
Dallas company is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their team as a direct hire.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, deployment and support of system hardware and system-level software including but not limited to:
(1) management of VMWare system/servers for both Linux and Windows;
(2) monitoring, diagnostics and maintenance,
(3) emergency response and repairs and (
4) Active Directory management.
This role provides leadership for the configuration, deployment, periodic maintenance, and security of the servers and related components of the company's production servers and also provide troubleshooting support for system-related problems.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as contact for system related issues.
- Provide technical leadership related to servers and system software.
- Responsible for System stability both in the Dallas and Atlanta Data Centers.
- Responsible for deployment of secure computing subsystems to form part of secure services infrastructure.
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources.
- Participates in testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting operating systems and server software.
- Installs software and user utilities for modifications and upgrades of operating system’s environments.
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware problems.
- Acts as liaison with vendors of hardware, software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Works with others to develop alternative system designs.
- Recommends selection of hardware and system software licensing.
- Investigating issues related to mission critical software in all environments.
- Required to carry mobile phone 24×7 for on-call.
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalency with at least 4 yrs experience.
- Extensive VMWare management experience.
- Extensive Linux, some Windows Advanced Server and general computing experience. (Adequate industry experience may be accepted as a substitute.)
- Experience with networking/privileges/partitioning/security, Active Directory and Domain Controllers.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Mongo
- Knowledge of Mail flow protocols such as Sendmail/Postfix.
- Experience with Oracle ZFS and Dell EMC management
- Experience with management and deployment of services into AWS, Azure and GCE
- Experience working in a data center or like environment where mission critical HW/SW are hosted.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!