- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #27299
Nashville based client is seeking a seasoned Sr. Systems Engineer to join our team and manage our Azure implementation and assist with the migration from an on-prem datacenter.
In addition, typical support tasks such as responding to alerts, managing change requests, monthly patching, and related systems duties. This role offers a significant opportunity to an experienced motivated professional who desires to increase their cloud-based skill set and help mature the IT operations.
This role is the first point of contact for production infrastructure, thus has a strong position of influence with the IT strategy.
Some of the specific duties of the role are as follows:
1. Be a member of and participate in the senior tier of the technology organization, reporting directly to the CTO.
2. Review the current IT infrastructure to determine efficiency, resiliency and cost.
3. Document the existing network infrastructure and evaluate for inefficiencies.
4. Manage a comprehensive production monitoring and alerting solution using the Site24x7 tooling.
5. Design, plan, and provision/deprovision Azure resources as necessary. This includes VMs, NSGs, application services, and application gateways.
6. Participate in preparation and remediation activities for both PCI and SOC 2 audits.
7. Establish proper IT services documentation, outlining the IT operation infrastructure, components and access controls.
8. Forecast future IT operations needs based on the increasing growth of customer base.
9. Lead the implementation of multi-factor authentication for employees.
– Experience in configuring, managing, and monitoring of consumer-facing IT infrastructure in a Microsoft Azure and MS SQL Server environment.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Working knowledge of Azure, including serverless (Azure App Services) implementations. Azure certification is a strong plus.
– Experience supporting production environments for B2C and B2B SaaS applications.
– Experience with enterprise networks, including VPNs.
– A self-starter who succeeds by researching solutions and solving problems.
– A love for the outdoors and outdoor activities.
– Must be able to work in the company’s office in Nashville, TN.
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!