- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Remote: Remote
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #38024
Dallas based client is looking for a Test Mobile Automation Engineer.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining the technical and operational integrity of company products and services through automation technologies. This individual is accountable for performing quality assurance duties throughout the life of a project/product by evaluating and creating automation solutions for testing information systems products/services to ensure each are meeting company standards involving quality, performance, accuracy and end-user requirements.
The candidate is expected to be a self-starter with a high ability to quickly comprehend technical concepts, and willingness to take charge and seek out answers even when given minimal instruction and guidance.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, as you will be interfacing with developers, management, and clients in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapid-development environment. This includes working with internal and external customers to create, develop, and execute test plans based on the business directive and providing detailed defect analysis reports to these teams.
- Work closely with Product and team to understand product needs and translate into actionable tasks.
- Design, build, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions.
- Apply appropriate automation technologies to meet the short- and long-term goals for the company
- Automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code/scripts
- Maintain/create automation scripts for assigned products/projects
- Identify, analyze and report test results
- Provide input in developing quality assurance standards
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 10 or more years Quality Assurance experience with automated testing procedures for mobile app native and web applications.
- Must have 5+ years automation experience with Appium and Mobile Applications.
- Must have design, develop, manage test automation framework using Appium, Selenium, Java.
- Experience with Command line tools for iOS, Android and Appium (xcrun, xcode-select, xcodebuild, npm, adb, carthage etc.,).
- Working experience on running Appium automation scripts on Emulators, Simulators and Real device using MacOS, Android Studio & XCode.
- Experience builds robust mobile automation framework using any of the cloud services (Browser Stack, pCloudy, Perfecto, Saucelabs, Kobiton).
- Exposure to Jira or other continuous integration software.
- Strong in troubleshooting the framework issues on Appium, MacOS, XCode and Android Studio.
- Strong Experience in Java Testing Frameworks (TestNG, JUNIT).
- Manual Testing of iOS and Android Native Mobile Apps, Web & Rest API Testing.
- Keep current with advances in automation methodologies and tools.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle methodologies (agile).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as you will need to communicate effectively to customer teams throughout the development process.
- Strong analytical, technical, and detail-oriented skills.
- Understanding and application of programming language concepts with experience in developing software for automation testing.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to think outside the box when automating manual test cases and creating the automation infrastructure.
- Steadfast focus on digging for software defects and producing highest quality deliverables.
- Ability to stage data and to understand the hardware and software requirements for configuring test environments.
- Ability to concentrate on detail while understanding the big picture.
- Strong understanding of databases, file structures, system design and analysis
- Ability to complete Project Specification reviews/analysis or experience in Project Management as related to the review of business documentation for all assigned QA projects to ensure that requirements have been clearly defined.
- Experience with identifying, analyzing, and documenting defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, content, and security.
Preferred (but not required)
- Automation test development experience with Rest Assured.
- Mobile App performance Testing.
- Knowledge of Charles Proxy, Postman.
- Knowledge of Web Services/SOAP messaging and XML
Since 1992 The InSource Group has provided Information Technology staffing and consulting services to clients ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies.
We measure our services both in terms of performance metrics and most importantly the positive impact that our consultants have on our clients business!