A national furniture store chain contacted The InSource Group for assistance with a major project. A third party vendor managed the company’s forms and reports for all US store operation, and the company wanted to migrate all forms to an internal system.
The InSource Group provided resources that worked with senior leaders for the furniture chain to define project parameters, requirements, and delivery timelines. The InSource Group Resources were responsible for:
- working with the scrum project management process, serving as scrum masters for both remote and on–site teams. managing the daily efforts of eleven remotely based java developers
- ensuring effective production and quality deliverables
- working with the furniture chain’s BA and QC teams to ensure traceability and user acceptance of all deliverables
- tracking progress through burn-down charts
- serving as Product Owner to resolve issues to ensure that the Java developers were effective
The final result is that The InSource Group’s resources were able to convert and deliver over 200 forms within 60 days (meeting expected due date), with some forms delivered to production earlier to meet release opportunities. The project was on time and under budget.